WHMCS Portfolio

This addon/module is about 50% complete. I'll have a demo posted shortly, but like the title says, it's a portfolio. I started development on this because as a developer I personally needed this. It's obviously custom page(s) that showcase your work, includes image attachments(lightbox available), allows you to assign projects to certain clients and works with the soon to be released "Client Testimonials".

I'm looking for some minor suggestions, and ideas for features that I may have missed, so when version 1 is released later this week it'll have "the basics".

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What do you mean by Whmcs Portfolio? Any previews?

Ok, there's a addon module that you can use to add/modify portfolio items. There's general settings like how many to display per page, and a "latest work" file that you can display on your WHMCS homepage if you'd like. Each portfolio item has various options you can set, like URL(link to site), "use lightbox" for images, image descriptions, and of course a general project description.

I'm currently adding the ability to assign items to certain clients for use with the testimonial addon, field(s) where you can list various aspects like "we did: design, xhtml/css, php, etc" and am thinking about some type of rating/comment function..

I'm getting ready to release this. Here's a shot of the admin module editing the portfolio item. Much work has been put into the image attachments, and ensuring everything flows well. For the most part it's a lot like the blog, in fact I reused some of the basic code to save time and for that reason I'll be giving discounts to those who purchase both.

folio_EDIT_SS.jpg

It depends on how sexy it is. Technology and coding wizardry is one thing, but presenting a portfolio of contemporaneous creativity that is up to speed with the latest developments is quite a challenge.

As Mac said, get to work! ;)

COunt me in, will watch this thread with beady eyes. lol

Rest your eyes, here it is: http://www.tjphippen.com/dl.php?type=d&id=6

All betas are free. Have fun! :)

I'm still planning much more work on attachments, thumbnail resizing, etc.. But at the moment you have to resize your images manually. You'll also notice that the CSS needs work: I just wanted to get this out there first.. The full release will include an additional stylesheet.

Edited by siforek

I'm thinking it would make sense in the next release to have a thumbnail size setting, and upon uploading it duplicates an image with "_thumb" added to the filename. I'm also working on cleaning up the images directory because at the moment if you delete an item the associated images directory must be removed manually.

Please test it out and send all suggestions my way :)

I'm thinking it would make sense in the next release to have a thumbnail size setting, and upon uploading it duplicates an image with "_thumb" added to the filename. I'm also working on cleaning up the images directory because at the moment if you delete an item the associated images directory must be removed manually.

Please test it out and send all suggestions my way :)

Can you use GD for auto resizing on the fly?

Yeah, that's what I had planned :)

The thought of cropping also came to mind, but I'll see how it goes..

How will it be setup? Have GD convert to a specified max width and re size proportionately? Also I dont know enough about GD or coding in general. But I assume something like that would work?