Client Testimonials

This idea came to me a few weeks ago, but got put on the back burner. Now that I've got a bit more free time I'm starting work on it. It'll be pretty simple, a custom page for testimonials/reviews.. This would obviously include things like approving reviews, only for customers with active products/services, and definitely have a "include script" with JS features like fading between testimonials.

At this point I'm really looking for suggestions from everyone. While I'm pretty good at thinking up useful features, I depend on all of you to tell me what you want :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple module = reasonable price?

Sign me up! ;-)

Definitely something that would be nice in the user client area for logged in users to submit testimonials. Would probably be easier to do it per client instead of something like per product a client has.

Edited by mcraedesigns

Simple module = reasonable price?

Sign me up! ;-)

Definitely something that would be nice in the user client area for logged in users to submit testimonials. Would probably be easier to do it per client instead of something like per product a client has.

Yeah, I'm honestly thinking $10 would be fair.. You're right that "per client" and in the client area would be best, and allowing them to select associated product, etc.

If you do a $10 addon, will you continue to support it? i.e. $5/yr to continue updates or something, heck even the $10 again would be fine it works considerably well.

Whatever I charge will include all future updates and support. That's the beauty of developing modules/addons like this, once they work well they workv well for everyone and the minor financial gain allows me to keep adding features :)

• 3 weeks later...
any update on this?

Thanks

I've been busier in the last 2 weeks than ever before so getting this finalized has been taking a bit longer than I intended. There's quite a bit of anticipation for this and I want to make sure that v1.0 is perfect.. So just working on the actual testimonials submission from the client area now :)

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, although I'd hate to add to any delay... here's what I'd be looking for:

I'd like an option for a logged-in client to go to a "Review/Testimonial" page once a month and fill out the form.

The form would ask basic questions in a few manners:

Rate from 1-10... Sales, Support, Etc (whatever)

Textbox areas where people can expand on a certain area...

And a textbox area for a generalized "testimonial" stattement.

On an admin side, the script would need to allow admins to add/remove various rating categories and textbox areas... and how to organize the order of the display.

I'd additionally like the option to provide the clients a small incentive ie, +$5 credit balance for filling out the monthly report.

On the client side, the script would display calculated averages for the various polling points with options to show more detail... as well random testimonials.

Thanks...

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, although I'd hate to add to any delay... here's what I'd be looking for:

I'd like an option for a logged-in client to go to a "Review/Testimonial" page once a month and fill out the form.

The form would ask basic questions in a few manners:

Rate from 1-10... Sales, Support, Etc (whatever)

Textbox areas where people can expand on a certain area...

And a textbox area for a generalized "testimonial" stattement.

On an admin side, the script would need to allow admins to add/remove various rating categories and textbox areas... and how to organize the order of the display.

I'd additionally like the option to provide the clients a small incentive ie, +$5 credit balance for filling out the monthly report.

On the client side, the script would display calculated averages for the various polling points with options to show more detail... as well random testimonials.

Thanks...

Providing credit may be tricky, but it is possible. Sorry for the delays here, I've just been so swamped with custom work that this has got pushed back..

• 2 weeks later...
I'll still be waiting, the second you ask for my money in exchange for this module. You will have it! Since I'm already a client, you can email me directly ;-)

I'll be updating this topic shortly with the demo and download details & will be emailing all module/addon customers once it's available. It won't be much longer :)

I've got it working pretty well and the result is displayed here: http://www.fiberelephant.com/about.html It has an admin module used to manage/approve reviews, and a client area page where clients can submit theirs. It's also working well with the Portfolio(soon to be released) and if you use both their are many more features :)

Before I finish this one up I'm looking for a bit more feature suggestions..