Client Reviews Addon

Anyone know how ? really need this, Would anyone be able to code it in ?

Hi Guys,

I have taken the original one and recoded it to translate to english, including the database tables.

I have also added some additional entries such as name, website, email so that anyone can submit a testimonial about you rather than only your clients, as in logged in clients, since we do alot of development work in php programming not all are registered on our site. The user details are still auto completed on the submit page though.

I have added some new styling too in order to clean it up.

I have also added pagination and are currently working on adding more functionality into the admin side since that's very limited in functionality. Additional admin functionality will include submissions, edit, comment and of course pagination too.

I'll let you know once this is ready to rock, but it should be soon!

Thanks

Derek

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Guys,

I have taken the original one and recoded it to translate to english, including the database tables.

I have also added some additional entries such as name, website, email so that anyone can submit a testimonial about you rather than only your clients, as in logged in clients, since we do alot of development work in php programming not all are registered on our site. The user details are still auto completed on the submit page though.

I have also added pagination and are currently working on adding more functionality into the admin side since that's very limited in functionality. Additional admin functionality will include submissions, edit, comment and of course pagination too.

Thanks

Derek

that sounds to be a wonderful job you're doing

I'm already utilizing the current one but would love to check yours also

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Derek

Can't wait, thank you!

Edit to add: also of course, thank you Barto... for your contribution in the first place :)

Edited by Sophia

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Guys,

Thanks

Derek

This looks fantastic as is, but with these addition as this will be a very nice addition. I'm hanging out to see what you come up with........ don't keep us waiting too long ;)

• 2 months later...

I dont like the way it does does not output MySQL text field formatted. It is missing the <br />

In review.php add the following:

$yorum = str_replace("\n", "<br />", $yorum);

after

$yorumlari[$i]['isim'] = $isim;

This should do the trick !

Thinking about it, but does it actually get any use?

I would have to say, that is between you and your customers. While we don't have it implemented yet, we do plan to so that our customers have a way to be an advocate of ours. Right now, we have to manually put customer quotes, stories, and testimonials on our site, but this allows our customers to do so without our assistance and there will be a prominent place on our next website for these quotes. We also plan to reward our customers for their kind words. Month of free service or something of that nature.

I hope this helps you decide whether you should consider this add-on further.

-Eric

woohoo thanks to m00 for helping me out with the paging !! It really wasn't that hard when I saw working code.

I dont use this mod as i use a different version however,

Would you care to post the mod with the paging feature for other members if the creator gives you permisison to?

Cheers

OK this is a tricky hack to get paging working.

Follow this really carefully !

Open reviews.php

Find...

$yorumlar = @mysql_query("SELECT userid, yorum, soyadgoster, emailgoster, tarih FROM mod_yorumlar WHERE onay='1' ORDER BY tarih DESC LIMIT ".$nav.",".$show."");
$row_yorumlar = @mysql_fetch_assoc($yorumlar);
$totalRows_yorumlar = @mysql_num_rows($yorumlar);

Replace with...

// Number of feedbacks to show per page
$show = 2;

if(preg_match('/^[0-9]{1,}$/', $_GET['page']))
$nav = $_GET['page'] * $show;
else
$nav = 0;

$yorumlar = @mysql_query("SELECT userid, yorum, soyadgoster, emailgoster, tarih FROM mod_yorumlar WHERE onay='1' ORDER BY tarih DESC LIMIT ".$nav.",".$show."");
$row_yorumlar = @mysql_fetch_assoc($yorumlar);
$totalRows_yorumlar = @mysql_num_rows($yorumlar);

$prev = ($nav / $show) - 1;
$next = ($nav / $show) + 1;

if($nav !== 0) {
$navigate_prev .= "<a href=\"reviews.php?page=".$prev."\">« Prev Page</a>";
} else {
$navigate_prev .= "« Prev Page";
}

if($totalRows_yorumlar == $show){
$navigate_next .= "<a href=\"reviews.php?page=".$next."\">Next Page »</a>";
} else {
$navigate_next .= "Next Page »";
}

Find....

$smartyvalues["yorumlari"] = $yorumlari;

Add AFTER...

$smartyvalues["nav_next"] = $navigate_next;
$smartyvalues["nav_prev"] = $navigate_prev;

Open reviews.tpl

At bottom before <br /><br /><br />

<div style="float: left; width: 100px;">
{$nav_prev}
</div>

<div style="float: right; width: 100px; text-align: right;">
{$nav_next}
</div>

If you have trouble following this I attached my copy of the reviews.php

As always BACKUP your files !! Don't blame me if it breaks either.

• 2 weeks later...