Wanted Beta Testers - Page Manager Module

I am looking for a few beta testers for a Page Manager admin module.

This will allow you to dynamically create, edit and delete HTML pages for your WHMCS site without hand coding php/tpl files. This replicates the functionality in those files allowing you to add HTML, PHP, Smarty variables and Smarty code tags to the pages.

I am using it already on my site. An example page uses SQL, PHP and tags to display plan features.

I need to write instructions and zip the package later today.

Please step up only if you have plenty of experience with WHMCS and the way it uses the Smarty template system and tags. The beta will not be encoded for proper feedback.

Thanks,

Tony

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate really good idea.

But can i make a reccomendation that you make it SEO compliant right from the work go.

This would mean utilizing mod_rewrite.

As having index.php?page will cause grief for search rankings.

Just a thought.

But i could see this takin off like a cat in a bag.

Would this work with pages outside of the WHMCS directory?

I am writing the install doc right now. Here is a snip from it:

WHMCS is designed to let you use it stand-alone or add more pages to extend your site. This module helps you extend a WHMCS installation NOT a site or sub-domain outside of your WHMCS installation. This will ONLY create extra pages in your WHMCS Client Area.

Example 1 - If you installed WHMCS at http://www.yoursite.com,'>http://www.yoursite.com, this will manage extra pages there.

Example 2 - If you have a site at http://www.yoursite.com and you installed WHMCS at customer.yoursite.com, this will only manage extra pages at customer.yoursite.com.

Mate really good idea.

But can i make a reccomendation that you make it SEO compliant right from the work go.

This would mean utilizing mod_rewrite.

As having index.php?page will cause grief for search rankings.

I agree with this 100%, you need to have the mod_rewrite before officially releasing. Its so important.

And I also agree, great idea.

OK, mod_rewrite is included!

Pages will be new-page.html instead of index.php?page=new-page.

I will rewrite the README (no pun intended!) and upload a new zip file for those that have a copy already.

I will be upgrading to V4 over the weekend.

I don't forsee any major changes in the module, but with the ability to set custom admin headers, I should be able to use the included admin WYSIWYG editor.

Stay tuned!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, no online demo. As it is not an invasive installation, you are welcome to try it out in a matter of minutes.

I have tested with V4 and have added WYSIWYG goodness :)

I will rewrite instructions and post later today (right now, off to my 9-5 :( ).

I would like to suggest a small change.

The possibility to add 'parent pages'.

For example, sometimes you have something like:

index -> support

So, Breadcrumb will be support.

But, if you have support -> telephones. Will be very nice to have the Breadcrumb as:

index -> support -> telephones.

In this case, a select will be a nice feature to select the parent page to increment the Breadcrumb (You are now in) and have all navigation structure.

• 2 months later...