Cpanel Setup

bigmike7801

I have a questions about what's happening when setting up the cpanel under Products and Services > Module Settings.

I'm assuming this is setting up the Cpanel account for a new hosting customer automatically right? I'm only offering regular hosting, not reseller, is this still going to work ok?

Also, where on my server does it decide to install the account? How does it name the folder or the account? Does it create a folder with the main domain name?

Is there some documentation that explains each option of the cpanl sttings? I've found this (http://wiki.whmcs.com/CPanel/WHM). But this doesn't tell me what everything means. E.G. I don't know what "Reseller ACL List" means.

Any info and/or examples are greatly appreciated!

Thanks - Mike

well Mike with cpanel what it does is instantly set up the users account and yes normal hosting works great now on your server with cpanel setup all you do is configure the server in whmcs with your root whm login and the system does the rest. WHMCS creates user names starting with the domain name like ( http://www.yourdomain.com) account name would be "yourdom" it uses first 7 characters and than randomizes a pass word for it

for the automatic setup you would need to make sure that the hosting package in your paroduct setup under modules is the exact same name as in whm.

the system (WHMCS) actually speaks with the whm from cpanel and creates the accounts within your whm for you no manual work is needed from you after all is setup correctly.

I hope this helps you a bit more if not feel free to contact if you need more help our system runs multiple cpanel servers so a bit of experience is here

MSN--john_r@impact-connections.com

XFIRE--impactjohn

what is it, where do I find it:?:

I am totally lost here, but I wanted to try it instead of login info as it states to use it instead for cpanel, and I am trying to get my server load, uptime and phpinfo to work.:?