Accounts creation

attroll

OK, I am trying to understand this correctly. Let me explain how I see it and please let me know if I am wrong.

If I got to my Products/Services setup and create a product. I set up and hosting package and have it all done and in the server settings area it gives me these for options:

Automatically create the account as soon as an order is placed

Automatically create the account as soon as the first payment is received

Automatically create the account when you manually accept a pending order

Do not automatically setup this account

I have a question on the first three options dealing with automatically creation.

Does a plan already have to be created in my WHM in order for it to work are will it create a plan in my WHM automatically if it does not exist in my WHM?

I read someplace that if the plan already exist that I do not have to type any inputs into the date field, is that correct?

you need to have root access in order to create packages that dont already exist in WHM.

Here is what I have for my currect dedicated server. I am sharing it with someone. We split the space and bandwidth down the middle. I have root access to my section of the server. I think what your referrring to is direct root access to the whole server. Am I corrent?

I have been thinking about this root access thing. If we are sharing a server and both have out own WHM panels for our own halves of the server then if I had direct root acccess to the the whole server then how would it know what WHM panel to add the package to? If I have root access to my side then it should work right?

attroll,

I believe MACscr was refering to root access to your WHM installation, not the physical server. From prior posts, discussions etc. I believe if when creating a product you give it a Package Name which already exists it will be created based on that configuration, without you specifying any further information.. email, dbases etc.

If you create a product with a Package Name which doesnt exist, you need to specify and configuraiton and this shall be created along with the accounts etc...

Im not 100% on that, just want ive picked up from posts.. perhaps matt, bear or macscr can confer

attroll,

If you create a product with a Package Name which doesnt exist, you need to specify and configuraiton and this shall be created along with the accounts etc...

Im not 100% on that, just want ive picked up from posts.. perhaps matt, bear or macscr can confer

No, root access in the server means root access in WHM.

If you don't have root access to WHM you must use package (that exists in WHM) when you create an account through WHMCS.

• WHMCS CEO

Let me just make it clear that you don't need "root" access to a server in order to use WHMCS.

For the question "Does a plan already have to be created in my WHM in order for it to work are will it create a plan in my WHM automatically if it does not exist in my WHM? "

WHMCS will not setup packages in your WHM. If you are on a reseller account level you must setup your packages in WHM and enter their package name in WHMCS on the Package Quotas tab of the Product Setup. If you have root access, setting up your packages in WHM is optional.

Matt

• WHMCS CEO
So Matt what this all boils down to is if the package does not already exist in the WHM and if you type one in your WHMCS in the package section that does not exist then the account will not get created at all. Is that correct?

Only if you are on a reseller account and your host doesn't allow you to create accounts unless you have packages setup for them.

So Matt what this all boils down to is if the package does not already exist in the WHM and if you type one in your WHMCS in the package section that does not exist then the account will not get created at all. Is that correct?

Only if you are on a reseller account and your host doesn't allow you to create accounts unless you have packages setup for them.

Matt, now I am more confused then when I started asking questions on this. Let me try rephrasing it and starting over.

I am a reseller and I have a WHM panel and I can create packages in my WHM.

So does this mean if I create a package in WHMCS that does not exist in my WHM that the WHMCS will create one for me?

• WHMCS CEO

No, WHMCS does not create packages automatically. It only creates accounts automatically. You need to create your packages in WHM and enter the name of them in the package name field in WHMCS - something like "username_PackageName"

No, WHMCS does not create packages automatically. It only creates accounts automatically. You need to create your packages in WHM and enter the name of them in the package name field in WHMCS - something like "username_PackageName"

Ok, I think I understand this now. One more question and I should be able to shut up on this topic.

If I do these steps here:

1. If I create a package in my WHM panel and title is "Package 1".

2. I create product in WHMCS and in the server settings I put the name "Package 1" in the spot where is says WHM Package Name.

3. Put a check mark in Automatically create the account as soon as an order is placed.

Then this will be all I have to do for the members to have the package work and have the account working for package reasons?

Yeh, that's correct.

Matt

I did just what I said above and went through the ordering process to see if it would work and when I went to by WHMCS panal and clicked Accept Order this is the error I got:

Automatic Setup Error: You do not have permission to use Selected Package