Remote email server and piping?

yabado

Question

Does WHMCS have a way to gather support emails when using a email server that IS NOT on the same server as Apache? I know that piping is currently set to forward, but that only works if on the whmcs install and email are on the same machine.

I know that most solutions I have used use php's imap functions to gather any messages. That script can be called every five minutes with a cron job.

Will 3.0 have this?

9 answers to this question

In the meanwhile can you not forward the email to the address on the server with the pipe? I do this in my (exterrnal) help desk currently and it works fine.

support@domain1 -> support@domain2 |pipe| to desk.

This takes a message for domain1 and sends it to the address at domain2 that has the pipe set up.

No, when the POP3 feature allows you to fetch mail from the inbox, instead of marking the mails already fetched as mail read or even delete it on the server itself, like outlook for example does based on the setting . It leaves it just the way it is on the server.

So when the cron runs next again, it sends the ticket created yet again and creates another ticket. which means as long as the ticket keeps running, more tickets of the same mail, keeps creating themselves.

I tried it out

[Ticket ID: 90558] [Ticket ID: 612754] [Ticket ID: 612754] where created three times, when I run the cron 3 times. isn't one ticket enough for just one mail? Why is the cron re-creating a new ticket for one mail?

20/01/2007 09:08

what are you doing Name Open 1m

20/01/2007 09:07

what are you doing Name Open 2m

20/01/2007 09:06

what are you doing Name Open 2m