Smarty replace for breadcrumb?

N1CK3RS0N

Hello,

I'm trying to edit the breadcrumb for some files. I changed the index.php to support.php. Now I need to edit the link in the breadcrumbs for some default files, but they are encoded.

I asked the support team with a ticket and they said.

"Hi

Yes, you can do that using the smarty replace function on the breadcrumbnav bariable. See http://smarty.php.net for details on that. You also add a home link before it in header.tpl.

Regards,

Matt"

I'm not sure I know how to do this... I read info from the smarty website and I'm still clueless.

Anyone ever try this or have experience with this?

Does anyone know this?

https://www.whmcs.com/support/viewticket.php?tid=893706&c=qfiAVF9T

I keep getting a god damn idiot in the support ticket system who doesn't understand a god damn thing. He just keeps telling me to replace the index.php with support.php using the smarty replace, and to manually insert "<a href='index.php'>Home</a> >" before the breadcrumb. I did this at first, and it works, BUT. If there are no results past the home page it still displays the trailing " > " which means there should be another result after it. I don't want that to display AFTER the "<a href='index.php'>Home</a>" I manually insert, so I need to add it BEFORE whatever the <a> is for the default breadcrumb for the Support page. He wont just give me a straight answer for what that god damn 1 line of code is in any of the god damn files. Even though in all their files they insert the " > " BEFORE the NEXT result in the breadcrumb.

Example from "how to create a custom page":

$breadcrumbnav = '<a href="index.php">'.$_LANG['globalsystemname'].'</a>';

$breadcrumbnav .= ' > <a href="mypage.php">My Page</a>';

Notice the " > " BEFORE the NEXT result in the chain. That way if there are NO MORE RESULTS past the first page in the bread crumb it doesn't display the trailing " > ".

The god damn support person gives me attitude and refuses to let someone else look at the ticket, wont give me a straight answer, and doesn't understand a god damn thing. Hes wasted 4 days of my time now over something so simple.

If you displayed the same attitude in a support ticket, I'm amazed they deal with you at all. If it was my company I'd revoke your license, refund your money, and tell you to find another product.

And if it is "something so simple" then why don't you figure it out yourself?

If you displayed the same attitude in a support ticket, I'm amazed they deal with you at all. If it was my company I'd revoke your license, refund your money, and tell you to find another product.

And if it is "something so simple" then why don't you figure it out yourself?

I was kind for the first 3 days. But after that it was rediculous.

Hey have you ever heard of this thing called Ioncube? Apparently WHMCS uses it for all its files so you cant view or edit their files. Who knew!

I would do it myself but I can't.

The god damn support person gives me attitude and refuses to let someone else look at the ticket, wont give me a straight answer, and doesn't understand a god damn thing. Hes wasted 4 days of my time now over something so simple.

I'd highly suggest that even when frustrated (perhaps especially when frustrated) you step back and wait ten minutes before pressing "submit". Take the time to read it again when you come back to it, and make sure you're being as professional and rational as possible when posting something that will be on the internet basically forever with your name on it.

If you read it as if someone else had posted it, and you can still say you respect that person for the way they wrote, go for it. Reading the above post, I cannot. Good luck getting someone to help when you call those that failed to adequately explain things so you could understand it "god damn idiots".

I'd highly suggest that even when frustrated (perhaps especially when frustrated) you step back and wait ten minutes before pressing "submit". Take the time to read it again when you come back to it, and make sure you're being as professional and rational as possible when posting something that will be on the internet basically forever with your name on it.

If you read it as if someone else had posted it, and you can still say you respect that person for the way they wrote, go for it. Reading the above post, I cannot. Good luck getting someone to help when you call those that failed to adequately explain things so you could understand it "god damn idiots".

Time is money... Hes wasted 4 DAYS. Over 100 HOURS. Simple answer. But he keeps dodging it. He was rude to my in his replies so I have the right to show my frustration.

If you went to McDonalds to order a Big Mac and they refused to give you it, you would get mad.

Customer: "Hi, I'd like to order a Big Mac please?"

Employee: "How about a cheese burger?"

Customer: "...? Excuse me?"

Employee: "How about a cheese burger instead?"

Customer: "No thanks... I'll just take the Big Mac."

Employee: "Cheese burgers basically the same thing though, just order a cheese burger"

Customer: "No thanks... I want the damn Big Mac."

Employee: "I don't get why you just don't order a cheese burger. Its almost the same thing."

Customer: "Because I don't want a damn cheese burger, I want a damn Big Mac. You idiot."

Employee: "Hey now, no need to be rude. Just order the cheese burger, I already told you its basically the same."

Customer: "WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM I WANT A DAMN BIG MAC, IS IT THAT HARD TO GIVE ME A DAMN BIG MAC?"

Employee: "..."

Customer: "..."

Employee: "..."

Customer: "..."

Employee: "How about a cheese burger?"

Time is money... Hes wasted 4 DAYS. Over 100 HOURS.

1 day = 24 hours

4 days x 24 = 96 hours

Work day: 8-12 hours

4 x 12 = 48 hours

Over 100? Your new math escapes me. ;)

He was rude to my in his replies so I have the right to show my frustration.

I don't see where he was rude, but of course you're allowed to be frustrated if you're not getting the resolution you need. How you choose to show and react to it publicly reflects on you personally, not him. I was merely pointing that out to you.

Right way:

"I'm frustrated. The support person keeps telling me the same thing and it's not resolving the issue. He won't pass it on to anyone else, either, so I'm not getting anywhere".

Wrong way:

"That g** d*** support person is an ****ing idiot"

It's friendly advice that sometimes you need to swallow your words and remain the professional instead of publicly ranting for all to see. You're under no obligation to take that advice.

1 day = 24 hours

4 days x 24 = 96 hours

Work day: 8-12 hours

4 x 12 = 48 hours

Over 100? Your new math escapes me. ;)

I don't see where he was rude, but of course you're allowed to be frustrated if you're not getting the resolution you need. How you choose to show and react to it publicly reflects on you personally, not him. I was merely pointing that out to you.

Right way:

"I'm frustrated. The support person keeps telling me the same thing and it's not resolving the issue. He won't pass it on to anyone else, either, so I'm not getting anywhere".

Wrong way:

"That g** d*** support person is an ****ing idiot"

It's friendly advice that sometimes you need to swallow your words and remain the professional instead of publicly ranting for all to see. You're under no obligation to take that advice.

4 days and change. Not going to say "ITS BEEN 4 DAYS 4 HOURS 13 MINUTES 43 SECONDS SINCE I OPENED TICKET". Its approaching 5 days. :)

And those aren't my work hours. I don't understand why you guys have to make excuses and reason to just not help someone. It was as simple as copy/pasting.

I'll act professional when this company does. I went to school for business, web-design and development was just a hobby. You guys could learn a thing or two or 100 about customer service and "professionalism".

Still no answer to my problem. :/

And your right, it does reflect on me. What does it reflect? That I'm mad that a person has danced around giving me a straight answer for over 4 days when it would take them less than a minute to copy/paste 1 line of code. Instead he gives me answers that are irrelevant to what I'm asking.

I'm human, so sue me. I'm paying for a service and I'm getting no support for a simple edit that needs to be done. You keep looking at it from his point of view because hes your friend. You would love for him to be right, that's why you associate with how hes been conducting his support. Just because you side with a friend over some random person doesn't make him right, it just makes you bias. Try looking at it from my point of view.

Edited by N1CK3RS0N

You guys could learn a thing or two or 100 about customer service and "professionalism".

I do not work for WHMCS, I help on their forum. I was merely pointing out that you need to be professional if you're going to complain others are not.

You keep looking at it from his point of view because hes your friend.

I don't even know who it was you are dealing with on the helpdesk, and I don't have any access to look, either. I'm basing my responses on what you've posted alone, and I would not side with someone due to friendship, if they are indeed wrong. I was stating the simple fact that you have reacted badly to a situation in public.

I'm now sorry I tried to help you understand.

Good luck getting the answer you need.

I was kind for the first 3 days. But after that it was rediculous.

Hey have you ever heard of this thing called Ioncube? Apparently WHMCS uses it for all its files so you cant view or edit their files. Who knew!

I would do it myself but I can't.

Yeah, I know exactly what Ioncube is. I knew what it was before I used this product and knew that this product was encoded with it. Obviously you didn't do your homework.

I'll act professional when this company does. I went to school for business, web-design and development was just a hobby. You guys could learn a thing or two or 100 about customer service and "professionalism".

Yeah, we are the ones that need to learn professionalism. :roll:

Time is money... Hes wasted 4 DAYS. Over 100 HOURS.

Sounds like you need to go back to your "business" school. If you've spent 100 hours non stop working on this, it hasn't been a good use of your time. You would have been much better off doing some other work while you waiting for replies on your help desk ticket.

This product obviously isn't for you. Why don't you pack it up and take your business elsewhere?