Im Creating Newsletter Manager...

dansgalaxy

Hey all,

Okay so its something i wanted and finally getting off my backside and doing it!

Im in the process of developing a addon for WHMCS which enables you to send an email to all users.... yes i know mass mail does this BUT this plugin enables you to do it based on a custom field.

So people like me who created a custom field called "Send me XDnet Newsletters" can now use this.

I currently have the bare bones but will continue working on it a to get it more secure and b) to make it look half decent...

Also good point is it supports {firstname} syntax so u can add unique info about each user which is always good.

Just thought i would post, so any ideas etc i can add please add them below!

And yes i do plan on releasing this :D

Dan

Woah, i think i can safely say this would be a good feature, i will have to crack on with development! lol.

Currently i only have a REALLY basic script doing it, so will have to make it look nice.

Okay, i will add a wysiwyg.

Idea of what the easiest way to do the emails/hour limit thing? :/ actually i guess i could just have the script sleep for an hour (sleep(3600)) after sending x emails, but i think this may cause more problems, with returning the output (eg. sent to Xxx clients)

Apologies this is turning it to me rambling as things come to mind.

Would people prefer it if they produced the email, clicked send, confirm and then once its sent to all the clients the admin is emailed with the result instead of displaying it on page?

With regards to if it was free, yes i dont have any plans as of yet to make if a charged product, although i might consider making it closed source, but depends on how good Version 1.0 etc.

Please do post any and all ideas for what can go into this in this thread or PM or email me (dan@Xdnet.co.uk)

Many Thanks,

Dan

I would like to see this, also with the possibility of "storing" the newsletter so clients and visitors can see them on within a page on the WHMCS side... By clicking on them you can read the entire newsletter (Subscribed or not) since the first one was originaly sent.

I would like to see this, also with the possibility of "storing" the newsletter so clients and visitors can see them on within a page on the WHMCS side... By clicking on them you can read the entire newsletter (Subscribed or not) since the first one was originaly sent.

Ah good idea, just need to find the time to get this sorted and work out the database stuff, all good though i can easily see this becoming one hell of a plugin!

All good though!

Yea, its something i been looking for for a while from WHMCS so thought i would give it a go ;)

• 3 weeks later...

This sounds awesome and really looking forward to seeing it... Do you have any timeframe that it will be ready or in Beta? Will it also allow subscription only? So visitors to your site can register to receive promo emails? Thanks...

Yes this would be a good feature, and I would be interested in it.

Couple of points:

1) could it be made double opt-in. Clients ticks subscibe to newsletter, an email is sent to the client asking the client to confirm that they want to receive the newsletter by clicking this link.

2) Possibility to automatically email the client every xx days to confirm that they still wish to receive the newsletter.

This would ensure that they do want the newsletter still, and they do not forget that they have subscribed to the newsletter.

• 1 year later...