PayPal Multi-Currency (with IPN and working "Add Funds")

Do you like this module?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this module?

• Yes, great idea, I'll buy it
    • Yes, but I will wait WHMCS 4.0
    • No (please comment)

After 3 months... :?

I'm not Schwarzenegger but... Here I am :!: Hello guys :)

This is the second time I write it (last time, my ooold Acer 5003 auto-shutdown. his dvd-rw doesn't work anymore and I need to install linux using Unetbootin from a pendrive - please help me buy a new PC :-P). I will start with screenshots this time.

On this first SS you can see a WHMCS configurated to USD $ by default and an invoice of $10. On the right side, you have a 2nd currency option: pay in Euro.

paypalmc.jpg

In this second SS transaction fees are included. All is calculated in a way you would receive exactly the invoice amount, after PayPal discount.

paypalmc2.jpg

Please note: $10.00 + 3.9% is $10.39 and module says $10.41. It's not an error. The module raise it a bit automatically because on the inverse calc, $10.41 - 3.9%, the result is $10.00.

You can, if you prefer to, disable the 1st currency button. This way, you can even use WHMCS normally with a Custom currency - don't matter if PayPal accept it - and charge your customers with this module, in a currency they can handle.

If you work with a big variety of niches, you can set WHMCS in a currency, and use this module to charge one (or more) specific product category in other currency. The module will assume all invoices are in the 1st currency you configure in the module - and you can, optionally, activate the 2nd currency.

e.g.: my default WHMCS currency is BRL (not accepted by PayPal) - I'm using other gateways for this, like brazilian Boleto - and in PayPal Multi-Currency, I set the currencies EUR and USD. See why: this way, I can just set prices in a specific category (where PayPal MC is enabled) using the first currency of the module (I just ignore WHMCS is in BRL). Let's say a product price is 10.00€ EUR. When the customer receive the invoice, it will show 2 buttons: 10.00€ EUR in left and $13.39 USD on the right side.

Note: if you use the module specifying a currency different from WHMCS default currency, like on this last example, you have to disable the option "enable adding of funds..". If you leave it enabled, your customers will be able to add credit in WHMCS currency using a PayPal MC module currency, and WHMCS will ignore the currencies are not the same. In my example, a €10.00 credit will be saw by WHMCS as R$ 10.00 BRL (which is only ~$3.25 EUR). There is a way to have all working together, I just not coded it to the module yet, because there is a very low probability of someone need it. If somebody asks, we can negotiate. Also, a so hard install comes with all features running together. PM-me your needs (*provide examples*).

This module will continue working normally after WHMCS 4.0 be released (with built-in multi-currency support). It may - or not - replace the WHMCS function. If you need a 2nd currency only on PayPal (or 2 currencies different from your WHMCS base currency), this module will be a lot easier to manage. But if you need to use different currencies on different gateways, I think WHMCS will have a better control for you. Btw, if you don't like the WHMCS work method when it came out (or if you need it right now for other payment gateways rather than PayPal), just call me to develop a custom module which convert your invoices for other gateways :lol:

Module price: 20.00€ EUR (~ $25.00 USD)

Before you start to arguing me the price is too high, remember: I took a long time testing it to be perfect, 100% compatible with your WHMCS don't matter which currencies you need it to handle. On the first thread, I said it would generate bad reports, etc, but it's fixed: when you invoice $10.00 USD and receive €7.52 EUR, WHMCS will set the invoice as Paid and/or credit your customer the right amount, and additionally, log the transaction as $10.00 USD, what means you will have no troubles in your accounting and Reports. It's seamless!!

It's more than just a "multi-currency" paypal gateway module, you can specify your prices without mind the PayPal fees! See the Features List:

- set you WHMCS to use any currency as base (even if PayPal don't accept it!)

- invoice customers and set products/services in any currency you need (up to 2 currencies for now)

- help your customer avoid the 2.5% PayPal conversion fee (if you have a 2nd currency balance in your PayPal)

- repass to your customer the PayPal receiving tax (it's not illegal if you don't charge lower taxes for other gateways)

- set a higher tax for customers outside your country (e.g.: 2.9% for local and 3.9% for outside customers, like PayPal charge you)

- repass to your customer the operational fee (e.g.: the 0.30 USD, 0.35 EUR, 0.35 GBP, etc)

- choose between Automatic Exchange Rate (obtained LIVE from XE.com) or Manual Exchange Rate

- choose to use or not the Manual rate if Automatic rate is not available (if set to no, then only the payment in base price will be show)

- works with IPN (PayPal Instant Payment Notification)

- works with "Add Funds" enabled (your customer can add funds using both currencies if you choose to)

- the module currently do not provide subscriptions*

*there is no sense to allow subscriptions to the alternative currency, as the converted amount will vary each month, and for the main currency you can use the default PayPal module included in WHMCS ;)

You can currently ask a 48hrs "trial" for $3.00. You pay only $22.00 after to have the unlimited.

Regards,

RenatoMN

Sorry don't mean to be rude but I am having a lot of trouble understanding your explination of how this module works.

So let me simplify what I would need from this module and if you can just tell me if it can do it.

I would like to set all of my prices to Thai Baht can this presently be done? PayPal doesn't except Thai Baht so right now I have to use USD. Not sure how I could do that from the examples you have provided.

Also since this I would change my currency to Baht what will happen with all of the present accounts billed? I guess I would have to go in and change them all?

Sorry, my english isn't too good. I have a big trouble trying to explain thing in short words :P

Trying to be clear, yes, you can define your prices in your currency. Then you define on PayPal MC:

Main Currency: your currency code

Alternative Currency: USD (or any other you want)

You will have a select box:

Show payment buttons:

1- Only in Main Currency (disable conversion to alternative currency)

2- In both currencies

3- Only in Alternative Currency (disable your main currency button)

Choose 3 and all your invoices will be converted in real time from your currency to USD.

Got it now?

-edit-

That longer explanation (with 3 currencies: BRL + EUR + USD) is a very specific case. I saw some guys here saying they need 3 currencies too, then I decided to explain all here before they buy the module, as they could be disapointed it works, but they need to disable Add Funds whmcs feature to use 3 currencies. For those who need only 2 currencies, like USD + EUR / GBP + EUR (both accepted) or BRL + USD, THB + USD (BRL and THB are not accepted), it's very easy to configure and whmcs will work perfectly: reports, add funds, transaction logs, etc. It's seamless in your case (and in 99% cases).

--

To use 3 currencies or use the module for a specific product category (like I use), it's "harder" to configure, but it's possible: you need to disable add funds option and the "allow customer to choose gateway" option, as this module will be specific for the category(ies) you need it works to. The counter part is the invoices for the products of your others categories will be "freezed" on the gateway your customer choose on order, and will need to ticket you if want to change the gateway. It happens because the customers ordering products on the specific categories for what this module is activated need to be freezed to this module. If you don't do it, they will be able to pay an invoice from Euro in Dollars without the correct conversion (e.g.: 10 € can be paid for 10 USD if the user switch to normal PayPal module). Again: only in very specific cases you will need to disable WHMCS features to disable this module. If you need it for only 2 currencies, it's very easy to use.

Edited by RenatoMN

Sorry the double post. I missed this part:

Also since this I would change my currency to Baht what will happen with all of the present accounts billed? I guess I would have to go in and change them all?

If you currently use only Paypal, you can leave then as they are currently. Just set your prices to THB and activate the new module. Uncheck "Visible on order form" in your current PayPal module. New orders will be in THB and my module will show real-time convertion to USD. Current plans will continue to be billed with the normal Paypal module (remember to disable "allow customers to choose gateway module" to avoid they switch to the new module for already ordered packages).

If you currently use more gateways, other than PayPal (or if you want to), you can switch current customers to the new module: edit the generated invoices (unpaid) and the active product prices (on the package/product screen, where you see the customer username/password for the hosting account, etc) to the new price in THB, and set the new PayPal module for these packages/invoices. After all people is migrated, you can disable your normal PayPal module (if whmcs don't allow you to disable it, I can help you with a mysql command to update your database entries of the paid invoices to the new module, then whmcs will allow you to disable the old). If you use other modules, you can then allow your customers to choose the gateway again.

Note: if your other modules "read" the invoice amount as USD today, you will need to adapt them as the prices will then be set in THB, your native currency.

If you have further doubts, please post.

Regards,

RenatoMN

Can you explain this better please.

See the screenshot. It says: 3.9% fee "0.41" (for a 10.00 amount). Some people may think it's an math error, but 10.41 - 3.9% = 10.00. Your customer will be billed 10.41 (gross), PayPal discount 3.9% fees (0.41), then you receive 10.00 net amount. If I just added 0.39 (billed 10.39) - 3.9% (0.41 fee) = you should receive a $9.98 net amount instead 10.00.

--

Order Link: http://www.mundialnet.info/central/cart.php?a=add&pid=2

Note: Today exchange rate is R$ 59.00 (BRL) = 19.80 EUR = 25.38 USD

See the screenshot. It says: 3.9% fee "0.41" (for a 10.00 amount). Some people may think it's an math error, but 10.41 - 3.9% = 10.00. Your customer will be billed 10.41 (gross), PayPal discount 3.9% fees (0.41), then you receive 10.00 net amount. If I just added 0.39 (billed 10.39) - 3.9% (0.41 fee) = you should receive a $9.98 net amount instead 10.00.

--

Order Link: http://www.mundialnet.info/central/cart.php?a=add&pid=2

Note: Today exchange rate is R$ 59.00 (BRL) = 19.80 EUR = 25.38 USD

It looks like it converts to 53.30, atleast that is what the invoice says.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Sorry, can you better explain what you mean? I can't remind any branding on the module I sent you.

What you see in my thread is an example of what is shown on the invoice in my website. In your WMCS, it will show your company logo, not mine.

Regards,

Renato

Just an update:

Now working with 3 currencies (whmcs base currency + 2) + "adding funds" enabled + "allow customer to choose gateway" enabled.

And how many currencies is necessary can be added...

All current customers received the new file with this functionality, I just forgot to warn them. :D

I'm now offering leased licenses: R$ 6,00/month (~$2.50).

You have 15 days to upgrade to full license paying only the difference (R$ 53,00 / ~$22.50).

Order Links: Owned / Leased

Regards,

Renato

Edited by RenatoMN
Adding Leased Option

In regards to the branding I see it is removable from the admin side, it is just an input box to display information on the order form.

But I do have a couple of other questions.

Would the Main Currency be the currency that I would like my cart to show? The same currency that I would set up in the localization settings under general settings?

Or

Would I set the Alternative Currency to the currency I want my cart to show?

Or

Are these two ares so I may have two currencies on offer?

Also I was wondering why your mrb ID is in the PayPal buttons links?

I do not mean the links in the admin section. I mean the links that are the buttons a user click to pay and that send a user to PayPal?

Lastly the information I received was rather difficult to understand and although I do understand English is not your first language and that is OK I just need you to explain in better details.

In your message you mention something about no return link but yet you have a folder named return link.

Basically what I was looking for was to set my localization to my local currency then if the user chose PayPal the price would be converted to USD, the user would then be sent to PayPal where they can pay and after the payment they are sent back to my website.

If you can explain which files I should use to accomplish this that would be fine.

I was typing a reply for you, and it become so long, cause you didn't said what is the currency you use in your WHMCS (or just say if it is accepted by PayPal or not, and if accepted, if you want to charge your customers in this currency too).

Then please provide this info and I will reply specifically for your case. A long reply would make ppl reading this thread think it's a lot hard to config, while it is not true.

I'm also writing a documentation right now to include with the zip file (and better dividing the folders in the zip to avoid confusion).

If your customer is not a PayPal customer already and decide to signup while paying you, rather than just provide CC information, he will be signed up as referred from me. I think there is no problem with it since regular PayPal module included in WHMCS will not give you any credit for refer a customer to PayPal. Also, the module price is cheap enough to avoid ppl not become angry if I win some cents if their customers decide to open a Premier or Business account after make a payment for them (for those who don't know, referring a person to PayPal will make you win 0.5% of each payment he receive limited for 1 year).

If you think your module should have no mrb link, I can provide you a custom version with no mrb without additional cost. If you think your customers are big potential customers to PayPal and want your rmb in the button, however, I would charge you something ($5.00 maybe?) for a version with your own mrb.

Regards,

Renato

I am using a custom currency Thai Baht and no the payments are not working.

My local currency is Thai Baht and my PayPal currency is USD so I need to take the Thai Baht from WHMCS and have it turned into USD so it can be paid on PayPal.

Right now I get an error.

This recipient does not accept payments denominated in USD. Please contact the seller and ask him to update his payment receiving preferences to accept this currency.

I have tried setting the main currency to Baht and the alternate currency USD and also changing them back and forth but neither is working.

From what I thought when reading this it would be able to convert my currency without you having to make some custom adjustments for it.

I had asked you in the old post if it could and you said yes. Is it now that I will need custom adjustments anytime I might want to make a change?

Also the XE.com converter works fine but if I remove the tick and put it a value such as 34.00 the converter calculates the numbers wrong.

If your customer is not a PayPal customer already and decide to signup while paying you, rather than just provide CC information, he will be signed up as referred from me. I think there is no problem with it since regular PayPal module included in WHMCS will not give you any credit for refer a customer to PayPal. Also, the module price is cheap enough to avoid ppl not become angry if I win some cents if their customers decide to open a Premier or Business account after make a payment for them (for those who don't know, referring a person to PayPal will make you win 0.5% of each payment he receive limited for 1 year).

That is rather presumptuous of you to think you know what everyone's clients are going to feel. If I was able to find the MRB what makes you think someone else is not going to find it? I.E. a client.

The cost of this module is not cheap and I find it rather rude that you would charge for this module and then expect further "cents" from the clients I work hard to get, but hey this must just be me.

The module that comes with WHMCS suggest your customers to signup to PayPal as well, but nobody is set as referral. It means you will be losing nothing because I put my mrb there... You will receive your payments normally, as no mrb was inserted in the button. I'm also not trying to win anything over YOUR sales (the payments YOU receive), I will win some cents (only 0.5% of the transactions) of your customers receiving transactions (the payments they may RECEIVE after open a PayPal account).

Now let's solve your problem. Upload only these files:

your_whmcs/modules/gateways/paypalmc_nr.php

your_whmcs/modules/gateways/callback/paypalmc_cb.php

Configure Main Currency to Thay Baht

Configure Alternative Currency to USD

Configure to display only the alternative currency to your customer

Then, log in to your PayPal account and open an USD balance (you can't receive payments in USD if you have no USD balance opened).

Now, back to the mrb question: sorry if I sound rude before, it was not my intention. I'm sending you* a version with an option to include or not my mrb in the payment button. I will even allow you to insert your own mrb code if you want. Then it will be up to you to contribute a little more with me or not. I will send it to all current customers of this module also. A very well explained documentation is included in the zip file now.

Just to be clear: if the module is cheap or not is something totally personal. You can find paid contributions here on the whmcs forums for a major variety of features. However, I think no module have a functionality like mine: allow you to receive your payments based on your own currency. Some people that bought this module was paying 2 or more licenses to sell with multiple currencies. In the other side, some was just NOT able to work with whmcs because it doesn't allow their currencies in any payment gateway. It may not be too much useful for you, but certainly it is for that people.

Sorry for any trouble or incovenience.

Regards,

Renato

*I should send you it in some hours - I'm not in my office at now.

As for the problem I am having:

Now let's solve your problem. Upload only these files:

your_whmcs/modules/gateways/paypalmc_nr.php

your_whmcs/modules/gateways/callback/paypalmc_cb.php

Configure Main Currency to Thay Baht

Configure Alternative Currency to USD

Configure to display only the alternative currency to your customer

Then, log in to your PayPal account and open an USD balance (you can't receive payments in USD if you have no USD balance opened).

This is how I have everything and it is not working. PayPal does not except Baht so it must be a USD account.

Also none of the files you have sent me have a file named: "paypalmc_nr.php"

There is a file

In the return_link folder named "paypalmc.php" and "paypalmc2.php"

And in the no_return folder named: "paypalmc.php" and "paypalmc2.php"

I think you miss the point. The point is you didn't tell anyone of this being in there, you didn't give the full details about your encrypted code allowing us to then make a better decision "before" we paid. As a user mentioned in the old post they where not keen on purchasing this module because they didn't know what you put in it. WHMCS has added it with the user nobody for a reason nobody leads to nobody but yours leads to you.

For you to say I should contribute more is almost as insulting as not telling anyone it is in there. That is like me saying well you have it in there so now give me a discount, there are two sides to a problem and in some cases there are three.

Just to be clear from all sides:

Other developers contributions do not include links back to there information and other contributions that do provide the equivalent in features are also found for free here. For me I do not mind paying for a "good contribution" as long as it works and it is unbranded.

None the less I would just like to get this working I have made all the changes to the prices on my site and now noone can make any purchases.

Sorry, nr means "no return". Use no_return folder paypalmc.php then, please.

May you send me the paypal button code for when only USD is shown and the code for USD button when both currencies are shown so I can debug it?

--

Sorry to not saying you about the mrb on the paypal button before. I just inserted it on the last edits I made (first customers that ordered here on whmcs forum received a file with NO mrb). It was sent for you in advance (and without documentation about it) by mistake. I only mind it now when you said there's no paypal_nr.php file.

I'm really sorry, I'm very busy last days (I just migrate my home and office last days and a lot things are still out of order). I will even add an option to include your own mrb in the module.