PayPal Multi-Currency (with IPN and working "Add Funds")

Do you like this module?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this module?

• Yes, great idea, I'll buy it
    • Yes, but I will wait WHMCS 4.0
    • No (please comment)

Man, I'd re-read what you said, and now I understood it right..

"if I click on the Baht currency that is when I get the error mentioned above."

You're receiving this error because PayPal can in no way receive payments in Thay Baht :|

My module is made to allow you set your prices in Thay Baht and invoice your customers in USD (or other currency accepted by PayPal). Without it, you're forced to set/invoice your products in USD and use the regular whmcs paypal module (which may be confusing for your customers, as USD is not your main currency there, right?).

I thought you said the USD button was only working when it is displayed together Thay Bath option, and giving you a error when displayed alone, but the option to show the 2 currencies of the module at same time is there for those who have a base currency accepted by PayPal and want to offer other currency as an option for their customers. e.g.: a company selling European servers in USA. They may want to receive in both USD and EUR, as they will probably pay their bills in EUR.

Regards,

Renato

Hi. I'm glad you're happy with the features the module can provide you.

You can send me your old and new prices through e-mail (you have it) or using the support department on my website, and I write you a SQL query to update all them for existing users(plans) and generated (but not paid) invoices.

Regards,

Renato

I have already moved everything by hand so no need for the MySQL (What a nightmare)

Have you had a chance to look into the converter?

If I use the xe.com it converts it correctly but xe rates are a bit high when compared to the banking rates so I would prefer to set my own rate but it doesn't convert it correctly.

I forget exactly what the numbers are but if I set 34 baht as the rate it converts it to 5,700 dollars. I have tried .34 which sets it to 57 dollars and I have tried 34.00 which again sets it to 5700 dollars.

OK some major issues today.

I have had my first client pay with the new system and not sure where things have gone wrong.

I have changed everything to reflect my local currency and who knows maybe that is the problem.

I have a client that has tried to pay an invoice for 3000 Baht but the conversion on the invoice said ฿3,000.00 in Baht is equal to $0.08 in Dollar when it should say at the time 82.8025

I figured let me see if I can manually set it and this is what it shows when I put in 36 Baht to 1 dollar.

฿3,000.00 in Baht is equal to $108.00 in Dollar when it should say at the time 82.8025

Our Current Exchange Rate is 1 USD = 36 THB

After some further checking I have found that your conversion is running into trouble with the currency separator. Right now it is this: ฿3,000.00 but it needs to be this ฿3000.00 as you can see the , is presenting an issue.

Need a quick repair on this.

Also I have noticed it is no longer calculating the PayPal fees.

When a payment is made through PayPal there are fees associated with that transaction, with the WHMCS module the fees would be returned to the invoice but not with yours. Something for you to look at in a new release.

You're right... If you repass the taxes, you will receive the net amount = the gross invoice amount so no taxes are recorded. If you choose to not repass the fees to your customers, you will not see the taxes too (it would be there). I will fix it. Thanks ;)

The default Exchange Order format is:

1 - 1.00 Main (THB) = X.XX Alternative (USD).

At this time, xe.com says: 1 THB = 0.0275796 USD

If you want to set it in inverse order (1 USD = 36.2587 THB), select:

2 - 1.00 Alternative = XX.XX Main

Please note I did not used any number formatting in the PHP function, as each country have the currency formated in a different way. E.g.: here we use R$ 1.000,00 (commas and dots are inversed) or replace the dot by a space (or even R$ 1000,00 without any separator for thousands). Then you have to input the exchange rate in the same way xe.com do it: using only a dot as decimal separator (36.2587).

If you still have errors, please post.

Regards,

Renato

• 2 weeks later...

He is a screen shot of what I am talking about you will notice the 1 Thai baht and what it equals not if you take 1200 Thai baht the numbers are not working out correctly. It shows like 0.03USD when it should be around $35

Also what I was talking about in the admin side you have an option to turn off the xe.com and set your own rate.

Well if I put 35 in it then it does not convert correctly. Right now the Baht is a bit higher than 35 and if I want the amount to equal what xe.com shows then I have to put 30 Baht in the admin configuration.

invoice.jpg

Now what I am finding is:

If you turn the xe.com conversion off and set your own amount then it reads whatever the number you put there as the total.

I am going to round the numbers off just to keep it simple but an example.

If the conversion is 1 dollar to 36 baht then 3600 baht would equal 100 dollars. If the conversion is 1 dollar to 36 baht then 1200 baht would equal 33 dollars

Now if I un-tick the xe.com and place 34 baht in the Exchange Rate box then 3600 baht would equal 104 dollars and 1200 baht would equal 35 dollars correct?

Well I put 34 in the Exchange Rate input box and it says 1200 baht equals 34 dollars in which case it should say 35 if I put 30 dollars in the Exchange Rate input box it say 1200 baht equals 30 dollars when it should say 40 dollars.

No matter what the price of the product is it only says the Exchange Rate input box amount. I even tried with a product for 6000 baht and I placed in the Exchange Rate input box 30 baht to the dollar and the total should have been 200 dollars but it said 30 dollars.

Am I the only one having problems with this?

Edited by yamaharr1

Actually, yes. It looks the PHP is considering "1,200.00" as "1.2". I probably forgot to remove number formating in a calc. I will be happy to look further into it in next hours.

You're the only facing this problem because you're the only using a currency with that high exchange rate to USD (1 to 36) -- and usually selling over 1,000.00 (the comma is the problem here, you see?).

Thanks for founding the problem. Sorry for not understanding it before, only with the image you posted now I got it.

Regards,

Renato

Are you any closer to fixing this?

At this point I do not have anyway for clients to pay with PayPal so I either need this fixed right away or I have to add the module back that comes with WHMCS and switch all the clients back to that, if I have to go through that again nightmare again then I will not go through switching back to this and moving all the clients back again, I will just wait for WHMCS to come out with a module that is part of the system.

I need to know how far away you are with fixing this? Right now I am stuck without a PayPal gateway because of all the changes needed to switch clients back over to the WHMCS PayPal.

I asked if this could do the Baht and you said yes but now no answer for a while, let me know so I can make a proper decision on what to do, thank you.

Well no response for days now so I guess you are going to ignore this issue.

If you don't mind the polite thing to do would be to either respond or refund me the fees I have paid as the product is not as you have describe.

I have also found major issues with it using the USD and not the Baht so the problems extend much further than only my currency.

It is a shame I had to request my money back from PayPal because you wouldn't respond to anything here.

In your response to the PayPal you said I can repurchase once you fix it, my response is no thank you, if you can't respond here why would I get back involved with it and be stuck again in the future. I didn't want to waste resources trying to build my own but there can be a simplified version built so I think it is better if I will just build my own or wait until WHMCS comes out with one.