Add ID Protection to Exisitng Domain

RPS

There is already a suggestion for WHMCS to add the ability to purchase ID protection after the domain has been purchased.

Since it hasn't been implemented yet, I wanted to post the steps you can take in the mean time. This has worked for me using the Enom domain registration module, not sure why it wouldn't work for others, but I know it works for Enom.

1. Login to WHMCS and go to the client's domain page.

2. Check the ID Protection box for that domain (towards the bottom in the center).

3. Alter the "Recurring Amount" price of the domain so the price is updated for the renewal (once the domain is renewed, the price for the ID protection should be added onto the price of the normal recurring amount).

4. Manually create a separate invoice so the client is billed for the ID protection (WHMCS does not manually add the invoice or charge the client, since it wasn't purchased at the beginning, WHMCS won't bill the client for it, even though it has been added).

5. Login to your domain registrar (in my case it was Enom) and manually add the ID protection to that domain name.

The client will be billed the recurring price for the domain.

The price for ID Protection can be found in WHMCS under Configuration -> General Settings -> Domains.

• 1 month later...

Not a good idea...keep in mind ID protection keep an independent date different to the domain renewal date....so you will always end up having different due dates....the only solution is have a different date management for ID protection, or expect Matt add the id protection as an addon or something else.

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently using netearthone, they are great and very helpful.

They also allow for Privacy Protection which does not need a unique date it simply hides the details of the registrar.

Take a look here for an example - http://whois.domaintools.com/thecliquesite.com

This would be a great feature to implement into WHMCS, the automation of adding privacy protection

• 5 months later...