Paypal Payment Pro as Credit Card Processor Help

kevworks

Hi,

I am currently using Paypal Payment Pro as the credit card processor for my WHMCS setup. But my end users want their credit cards to be charged every month for service, but paypal complains that it needs the user to enter in the CVC for each transaction. Is there away around this?

Thanks,

If you pay through a subscription, then the CVC is taken on the initial payment. The CVC is a security feature to make sure that when you make a payment you have the card with you. it is used in the same way chip and pin is used, when you make an online payment it is a legal requirement for payment processors to request the CVC. If the CVC is not requested then if the payment is unauthorised (fraud) then a chargeback etc cannot be guaranteed.

Hi

Ive been researching all post about Paypal Pro with WHMCS and couldnt quite work out whether this meant that with Paypal Pro a user has to manually enter a cVc number evey month of recurring billing ?

Or if it was possible for recurring billings to set it up within WHMCS and Paypal Pro so that customers can enter the CVC number on the first occasion and then it fully automates payment collection each month ?

Im not sure that it would be great if a customer had to enter the cVc number manually every month and ams despeately hoping there is a way round thsiso i can order WHMCS?

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue. The user enters in there credit card info for a monthly product on my site but when the next due date comes the credit card can't be processed because it needs the CVC. I don't want the users having to enter this every month.

Is there no way to do this with paypal pro or am i missing something.

Thanks.

I use protx and that works on the basis of authorising a transaction then for every repeat transaction it will refer to that first transaction. Basically if the first one was authorised with CV2, AVS, PC and VBV/MSC then we are protected against chargebacks even if the chargeback was placed against a repeat transaction.

I think paypal works on the same method. However PayPal charge you £20 extra a month for processing repeat payments as it uses different technology - I enquired about this with them a few months back and it actually worked out a lot more expensive than using Protx with my merchant bank.

I would recommend you give them a call. But don't use their national rate number - saynoto0870.com

Hope this helps guys...