a few questions about license

nimasdj

Question

1. If I buy owned license, footer links to whmcs website will disapear?

2. owned license includes lifetime upgrade for future version releases?

3. If I buy the license, would consider to implement a migration tool from my current system? As I said I am not the only person switching from that system to whmcs, but there is another person too, and you know who she is. (I just don't call any personal name or product name in public. you know what and which I mean.)

14 answers to this question

Hi, I was on the site and could not find the price of free branding for own license?

with owned license will I need to pay 29$ yearly to renew my license? to free the brand will I need to renew it yearly as well?

I paid $50 to buy license of phpCOIN and removed the 'powered by' link, so is it considred as 'own a competing product' to get 20% discount?

the answer to my questions #2 and #3 is appreciated too.

Thanks,

Hi, I was on the site and could not find the price of free branding for own license?

http://www.whmcs.com/clients/more_information.php?product_id=4,

with owned license will I need to pay 29$ yearly to renew my license? to free the brand will I need to renew it yearly as well?
I believe that branding fee to be a one time fee, and it's per license. The license is yours to keep, but if you want renewed support access, you need to pay.

The rest of this will have to be answered by Matt.

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

Just to clarify, we have four license options:

Monthly Lease with Powered By Line $13.95

Monthly Lease No Branding $16.95

Owned License with Powered By Line $169.99

Owned License No Branding $244.98

Owned licenses have support and updates for 1 year included with the purchase, then can be renewed for $29.99 each year. This is entirely optional and WHMCS will continue to work if you don't pay it but if you don't pay, you won't get any more updates or support from us.

Just because you buy a license, doesn't mean we'd create an importer from PHPCoin for you. There'd need to be a few people making the switch!

Regards,

Matt

There'd need to be a few people making the switch!

I don't think it will take much time for a very expert programmer like you?

anyway, you have to applicants (me and Mrs. P. from Brazil. I just don't call any name in public but you know who she is.) at this time, then you may count how many applicants you will have... :D

if our renewal elaps' like as often it did when i used modernbill...will you allow us to renew it at anytime for an additional year and obtain the latest version and support?

note, modernbill kep up the "it will be available newt week" new release trick to get a lot of people to continue to purchase their 6mo support, PLEASE dont do that to us, it definitely lost them business.

• WHMCS CEO

The $29.99 can be paid whenever you want to renew it. You don't have to pay it each year and you aren't invoiced for it. It's completely optional so as long as you don't need any updates or support you don't need to pay it.

Matt

• WHMCS CEO

Well, it is automated in the fact that once we have ticked a box its removed, but due to the fact we now run on a hybrid between a custom license system and PHPAudit until i get around to doing a completely custom order process this tick box has to be ticked manually.

Matt