[RESOLVED] Pro-rated billing in a 31 day month

dkg

Hi,

New to WHMCS (a CE refugee). I setup a service today with pro-rated billing. I told it the monthly price is $34.95. I set the prorate date to 1 and the Charge next month field to 16.

When ordering the service today (the 1st of this 31 day month), it generates an invoice for $36.12. In my opinion, it should have invoiced for $34.95 but it decided months are always 30 days long and this month the price of the service needed to be pro-rated up to include the 31st day.

Is this a bug or feature ;) Is there something I can do to work around this problem. My customers won't appreciate the upcharge when ordering on the first day of the month.

I do Believe that because of the 31st day it will do the same thing i have also noticed (which i thought was a bug as well) that if ordering on a 3 month period that the first invoice the customer gets will be prorated for first month to bring it to date than next invoice will generate the three month total

Example that i ran into

client ordered a service for 8.95 on three month period

first invoice generated the prorated amount of the first month taking them till Feb. 1st

and there reacuring amount listed as the 26.85 billed out on the 1st of Feb.

• 2 months later...