Price Based on Quantity Only

KingJ

I currently use WHMCS in combination with a Game Control Panel. We price based on per-slot only, so for example a 10 slot server will cost £10 (£1 per slot).

We use a configurable quantity option to add the cost of the slots on. However, other than setting a monthly based cost of 0.01 on the product we cannot configure Monthly/Quarterly payment options.

Is there any way to completely ignore the base cost (as defined on the pricing tab for the product) and charge based just upon the quantity configurable option? Having the drop down list on the order screen for "£0.01 Monthly, £0.01 Quarterly" followed by the per-slot price can confuse some people (you'd be surprised!)

I've not found a way to do this, so any help would be appreciated.

Running 3.7.2

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

@KingJ I cannot shed any light on the subject immediately but am interested in what may transpire myself, thinking of several applications some of my clients might be interested in as well as my own considerations. On the fly, would the add-on configurable options module that WHMCS sells separately help to fulfil this role? I'll check it out myself later but it hasn't been mentioned yet and might be easily adaptable to the cause?

@KingJ I cannot shed any light on the subject immediately but am interested in what may transpire myself, thinking of several applications some of my clients might be interested in as well as my own considerations. On the fly, would the add-on configurable options module that WHMCS sells separately help to fulfil this role? I'll check it out myself later but it hasn't been mentioned yet and might be easily adaptable to the cause?

Having a look at the Configurable Package Addon it's not really what i'm looking for. I use WHMCS in tandem with TCAdmin, a game control panel, whereas that addon is meant for web hosting packages. I only have a single configurable option, I just need to get rid of the £0.01 base cost and price exclusively on configurable options.

Having a look at the Configurable Package Addon it's not really what i'm looking for. I use WHMCS in tandem with TCAdmin, a game control panel, whereas that addon is meant for web hosting packages. I only have a single configurable option, I just need to get rid of the £0.01 base cost and price exclusively on configurable options.

I have been beating this horse for the last 12 months myself. Hopefully one of these days it will be setup to work as it should for a "game hosting" setup. Right now we are kinda the bastard step child in terms of functionality, but it is getting better little bit by little bit. If we could just get per slot pricing setup that would be great.