[RESOLVED] You cannot add more credit than the invoice total

freedombi

I have a client with three outstanding invoices. For the first one, they had sent in a check that wasn't large enough to cover the entire balance, but promised to send a check for the remainder of that invoice plus the next one. I have received the check for the second invoice, which was for the promised amount. I applied payment to the second invoice for the full value of the check, resulting in a customer credit for the amount remaining on the first invoice. However, when I tried to apply this credit to the invoice, I get the error "You cannot add more credit than the invoice total" despite the balance total being $11.98 and trying to add $11.98

I have just upgraded to 3.72, but this did not seem to affect the problem.

did you add the funds as a credit first, then try to apply it to the invoice. That error comes up for me also if the availiable credit isn't enough to cover what you are adding.

From the client summary page, click on managing credits on the right first. Add the 2 check amounts. Then go to the invoice and add the funds required to pay the invoice.