View cPanel info within WHMCS

jasonhk

Hey Guys,

This is currently a project im working on..

Pretty much what it does is allow the user to access a cPanel type control panel in WHMCS.

What it currently does:

Get account info via cPanel XMLAPI and via cPanel direct login, and parsing info.

Gets user cPanel pass from DB and Decrypts via WHMCS API

Connect to any server in your server listing and grab info for any account

AJAX loading messages

Still to implement:

Create/Add/Remove Email Accounts

Screenshot:

cpscreentb2.jpg

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Edited by jasonhk

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jason, look very interesting.

You might consider a couple of functionalities to round it out, such as db, subdomain creation, domain parking, forwarder, and email account creation (see a past thread on this) http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=11882

Or drop in a button to "Login in to cPanel"

Sparky is also working on something similar I believe.

Jason, look very interesting.

You might consider a couple of functionalities to round it out, such as db, subdomain creation, domain parking, forwarder, and email account creation (see a past thread on this) http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=11882

Or drop in a button to "Login in to cPanel"

Sparky is also working on something similar I believe.

Thanks for the feedback, will implement those functions :)

The XML API (http://www.cpanel.net/plugins/xmlapi/index.html) and API2 (http://www.cpanel.net/plugins/api2/index.html) commands are easy to implement.

Options that arnt there require me to use fsocketopen and login to cPanel. I have a PHP cPanel API that works for the X theme, but in X3 the HTML output is different (which requires me to code new parsers for info, not too hard, just time consuming). I have pulled across a few of the functions, but will create more for mail/ftp/sql management :)

Edited by jasonhk

Looks good Jason.

One thing though....

I would probably reduce the image sizes slightly so as they do not overwhelm the page.

Other than that, nothing else I can pick on at this time ;)

Any plans to release this soon?

Dale

They are 48*48, I'll make a 24*24 set and allow the admin to set which icon pack they want to use :) I don't have a release date, but I will update here regarding the development of this..

This is going to be fantastic and I can't wait until it is finished. Just one question springs to mind for me. If you have say twenty plus email accounts they'll take up a lot of page real estate. Is a multi-page capability called for here perhaps or possibly some way of collapsing? Maybe even just having each one on a single line?

Keep up the good work! :)

This is going to be fantastic and I can't wait until it is finished. Just one question springs to mind for me. If you have say twenty plus email accounts they'll take up a lot of page real estate. Is a multi-page capability called for here perhaps or possibly some way of collapsing? Maybe even just having each one on a single line?

Keep up the good work! :)

You have good point there :) There's a few options around this one..

Your suggestion of having Each mail account on single line (row in table) would work fine, the add/delete buttons would also be there. In the end the email accounts listing would look very similar to the cPanel view.

Most of the functions are AJAX based, so no page reloads when adding a mail account etc :)

I'm moving the whole control panel script into xajax comet based script. The whole control panel takes a few seconds to load because it has to connect to the WHMCS API, WHM XMLAPI, and cPanel. I thought showing the user what was going on is just so much better than the user sitting at a blank page, while php processes.

I'm using a push ajax type of script, which updates the user with information as well as showing a ajax loading bar, just to finish it off :) The user would see messages like Connecting to API/cPanel, Getting cPanel stats, Mail, DB etc, or show any errors that occur. Once everything is loaded it will put the info into a smarty template and send via the ajax script to the browser :)

Once that is done I will be adding more features to the control panel.

Jason, just a thought on icons; would it be possible to allow access to the icon set, so that it can be customised to suit those of the rest of the site?

The icons are included with the control panel, you will be able to edit them or replace them with your own set :)

Hi,

I have a question.

Is it possible to have whmcs incorporated in cpanel.

So that customers don't need to go to the whmcs pages but can use all functions from within the cpanel control panel.

Ronald

Hello,

It could probably be possible with A LOT of modifications, it's so much easier accessing cPanel from WHMCS because WHMCS stores the users cPanel login info as well. So one simple login allows them to access WHMCS and cPanel :)

Some awesome news guys. cPanel login will not be required. So.. if you don't have your clients cPanel password stored no need to worry. Everything will be accessed via the XML API or API2 functions, which means that you will only need WHM reseller or root access to the server. All you need is their username and of course, which server they are on.

This also eliminates the problem of having a different theme set for the user, because the old way of getting bandwidth stats was via cPanel login and parsing the stuff using preg_match, quite a mission and also a lot slower than simply loading a XML page in.

Should be finished coding the standard functions again all using the API's later this week, already implemented the nice AJAX loading screen that shows u whats happening in real time as it connects to the server and grabs all the info, pretty sweet I must say :D

Anyways, will update in a few days :P

Yes it is almost finished, basicly the same as what is being discussed here, A virtual cPanel in the client area.

I am also doing an extra module that will extract a script (CMS, etc..) to a new users account, create a DB and populate the DB with the required info.

@ jasonhk: If you need a hand with yours PM me.

@ Zorro67: The pic is similar to what I have done. Not full width though.

Edited by sparky