Joomla Authentication Plugin | WHMCS

Redundant

Ok so i get this when i enter an the login info.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<', expecting ')' in /home/*********/public_html/plugins/authentication/whmcsauth.php on line 81

Do i need to enter my Database info also and also what format is the API url supposed to be in when setting it up in Joomla

I am running it in-line with the jlogin also.

I'm using the latest WHMCS and JOOMLA

Thanks Mark

Edited by markholland8
spelling

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the original whmcauth working correctly.. with whmcs on one domain and my joomla install on another domain. After reading the previous posts understood that making the above changes to that code whould log the user in to both whmcs and the joomla site when they logged in to joomla using the email address and password from whmcs as the joomla login.

I updated the code as instructed, cleared cache/cookies etc and then logged in to joomla successfully... However this does not have me logged into whmcs, I still have to login there as well..

The reverse is true as well. If I login to whmcs client area and then visit the joomla site.

Am I missing something?

• 1 month later...
Anyone else having trouble with the Joomla Authentication plugins after upgrading to version 4 of WHMCS????

I wrote the original auth plugin provided at the beginning of this thread. Have not had a chance to examine v4 or upgrade. Once I do, will update the plugin if it has issues.

The reverse is true as well. If I login to whmcs client area and then visit the joomla site.

Am I missing something?

There has been a great deal of confusion over this plugin and I've received numerous inquiries about how its "not working"--meaning not logging the user into both WHMCS and Joomla.

As stated in the original post: This plugin was never meant to provide that functionality. It simply uses the WHMCS User Database to check the users credentials when logging into Joomla (not WHMCS). So, a user existing in your WHMCS database can now authenticate and login to Joomla with their existing (WHMCS) credentials.

This Authorization Plug-In was never meant to be a bridge, provide a session to WHMCS, dual-login a user, etc. Its a simple authentication plugin. Sure do apologize for the confusion. But, its pretty straight forward on its intent, and use--which works great for that purpose.

Thanks