pay per ticket ?

viyanali

Hi

im interrested to buy this script but i need a function like pay per ticket.

I saw some support websites (outsourced hosting sites) which use whmcs and offer a pay per ticket plan.. Actually i couldnt figure out at "demo" if that is possible with whmcs(without any customizations)..

(user pays ---> sends ticket--->gets answer;

or user buys 5 ticket package-->asks 5 questions---> and need to buy again a package before he can send a new ticket..)

Could i do that with Whmcs?

regards

This is the craziest feature idea I have come across...

It's 2008, almost 2009.. people can't be charging their clients for opening a support ticket! I'm glad this is not going to be a feature within WHMCS... absolutely pointless and a waste of time. Oh and for the business that does "charge" per ticket, don't be expecting many people to pay...

we dont charge for support tickets either but we do know alot of fols that DO charge for support and they do get alot of support tickets,

the idea was to stop the bogus tickets and people wanting support for their software and such

It's 2008, almost 2009.. people can't be charging their clients for opening a support ticket! I'm glad this is not going to be a feature within WHMCS... absolutely pointless and a waste of time. Oh and for the business that does "charge" per ticket, don't be expecting many people to pay...

I agree.. charging per ticket isn't necessarily a bad thing.. I offer dedicated servers and colocation to my clients, but they manage their servers.. however, if they need me to do management or something similar on their server, they get charged for it.. might as well be able to charge for the ticket (though, in my case, they get invoiced seperately depending on how long it takes rather than a flat $x for the ticket)

Pardon for being blunt here.

If I were a customer, and I got charged to open a ticket, I would be telling you to shove your service as far as it would fit and go elsewhere.

You can not directly charge someone for asking either to provide a service or to get help on something. Its morally wrong to do so.

After they have asked you to provide a service or do something for them then and only then you could charge them if it warranted it.

If you do happen to charge for this then I don't think you will stay in business for very long.

I am sure lots of others (reputable business people at least) will agree with me.

Edited by sparky

I can remember about 5 years ago telephoning Hewlett Packard Tech Support to help resolve a problem with one of their machines, brand new btw, and they wanted to charge me £20 before they would even put me through to that department. I was hopping mad.

you want to see a business model built around charging for support

go to magentocommerce.com

we are actually going to start charging for support tickets for some things,

nothing thats is actually hosting related but for third party software support and so on.

its a very common practice...

go to softlayer and ask a question

$3.00 a ticket

I can easily imagine a climate in the not too distant future where charging for tickets is increasingly evident in certain scenarios. In some instances it is well justified though few and far between. It will be interesting to see how it pans out over time.

My invoice for this comment will follow shortly. ;)

Charging per support case isn't a bad thing. There's issues that I'll bend over backwards to resolve, if they are within the scope of the services that I provide. These usually involve server configuration issues, technical support issues, etc.

I have a customer who wants me to support an ecommerce package, manage it, add an item every now an again, etc. These kinds of issues are outside of my scope of support. Being able to charge by issue would be a bonus for this kind of issue.

How much would it be worth to me to have a module that will do this? I'm unsure, since I don't base my business model off of this kind of income. How much is it worth to you to write a module like this? Judging by your previous addons and mods, you have pretty good knowledge of WHMCS and your work that I've seen is good quality. Write it and charge what you believe is fair. If its something that I believe my business could benefit from having, I'll buy it.

@Drac0 - Thanks for the kind words about my previous mods. Sorry if it looked or seemed as if I were asking for pricing to write a mod for this. I was only curious.

Let me make this very clear to everyone. I would not and will not write anything for this in the ticket system as It goes against my beliefs of support for a service that I am providing in the first place to the customer.

I do however agree that in the rare instances like you said with something outside the scope of support, the customer would be advised that it would cost X amount for that to be done and then the customer could be charged once they agreed but not through the ticket system directly. Raise a manual invoice for it.

with something outside the scope of support, the customer would be advised that it would cost X amount for that to be done and then the customer could be charged once they agreed but not through the ticket system directly. Raise a manual invoice for it.

A valid point too.

• 2 weeks later...

You obviously only offer shared / reseller accounts, or managed VPS / Dedi's. For a lot of companies it's simply not viable to support every nitty gritty problem of their clients. To cut costs (since the market wants to pay peanuts for servers), most companies offer unmanaged / semi-managed servers, and then charge extra to manage the servers.

I don't know about you, but I can't afford to pay a technician to install RVSiteBuilder or Fantastico or even SSL Certs for every VPS & Dedi client we have, without getting some cash in as well. The server's rent most certainly won't pay a tech's full month's salary.

I take it that from no response from my last post I was told to shove my 5 bucks and you went elsewhere!!

So how much are you guys willing to pay someone to create a mod that will do this for you?

IINM, only WHMCS team can do this, since the WHMCS code is encoded?

IINM, only WHMCS team can do this, since the WHMCS code is encoded?

It can be done with an Addon for the admin side...however, the time it would take is unknown.

Sparky,

I am sure users would purchase something to allow this, but not the $500 or so that Kayako Add-on companies are charging. I do however think that it would be a nice add-on

1) there are lot of websites that offer outsourced support on pay per ticket basis.

2) i do not offer a software or a product. im not even a hoster or a reseller.

My service is to answer certain questions. (lets call it a life therapy (: )

Thats why i requested the "craziest feature" (just lol!)

Note:

already got what i want.. hired a freelancer for a addon to a free helpdesk script) (works like a charm :P)

• 1 month later...
It's far more easier to generate an invoice for that specific ticket, once paid---work on the ticket

This needs further discussion/thought ...

We "pre-sell" in datacentre technician time, so have a "product" which can be purchased for "n hours" of technical/consultancy staff.

So I can *understand* people who want to add a bill-per-ticket or bill-per-hour kind of facility

For us we just want an extra "feature" to WHMCS for products of type "other" to be able to specify what modules to call on payment/suspend etc (like the inbuilt ones for cpanel etc) - simply to cut down on manual work and mini php programs

If that was added then having a "5 support ticket" product for you to sell would be simple enough ...

Sorry... not being rude but that will be $5.00 for an answer

Oh man, you're hilarious mate. Yeah I totally agree, they can't go charging clients to open a support ticket, that's totally stupid. The business would lost a lot of interest when a potential visitor takes a look at your website. They will go elsewhere as soon as they find out you charge people to open support tickets. How silly an idea this is.

In early 1990's you'd get away with it as the internet wasn't as booming, especially with hosting providers. The general public these days know that if you pay for a service, you should get support with it... at no extra cost.

Matt, if you're reading this. Don't go spending your hard priceless time on making this a standard feature in WHMCS...

I can guarantee not many people will be using it, including myself.

I don't know about you, but I can't afford to pay a technician to install RVSiteBuilder or Fantastico or even SSL Certs for every VPS & Dedi client we have, without getting some cash in as well. The server's rent most certainly won't pay a tech's full month's salary.

Want to charge a client for support / custom installation etc?

Send them an invoice for crying out loud. Not through the

ticket system. Jeez.