PHPBB3 Bridge to WHMCS

herpherp

One at a time bro. :) lol....

I want to get phpbb 3 working into at least a beta before I go into SMF... Most of the code will transfer anyways, just have to make a few modifications to set the SQL parameters SMF.

No problem. Thanks for the update. ;)

I am willing to pay if you are able to create the integration for SMF.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that having the forums database separate from the whmcs database would be a more secure route, I generally try to keep things as separate as possible with different mysql users and permissions. As for features from the whmcs admin panel a simple link to the admin functions of phpbb3 would suffice maybe with a pass-through so we did not have to re-authenticate again when logged in as an admin. Although, from what you are saying sounds like a fantastic idea of being able to disable the board. I would also opt to have:

a sync button for users in whmcs / phpb3.

Thanks again.

-Nick

Of course we have paypal, but $$ is not my objective, so I don't need any contribution. I am getting close (as I have been working a lot on the gaming side) but still need to input a few more features. like adding your admins and moderators from your whmcs admin panel. Being able to disable the boards from the admin panel...

I also have two options for the database, and need some feedback as to what y'all prefer. I know how I want it on my site, but for you I need to know.

1. The forums database is part of whmcs database.

2. the forums database is completely seperate.

Please give me some feedback, as to how you prefer this.

Thanks

Just wanted to give a little update.

Getting very close to a RC for this. I will hopefully have some screen shots of it in use very soon. I want to get it as full and rich as possible for a first RC. Things are comming very smooth so far, and we have not run into any real problems yet. Most of my development team (including myself) have a ton of projects in the works, so it is taking a little longer than originally anticipated.

This project is definitely not dead. :)

Just wanted to give a little update.

Getting very close to a RC for this. I will hopefully have some screen shots of it in use very soon. I want to get it as full and rich as possible for a first RC. Things are comming very smooth so far, and we have not run into any real problems yet. Most of my development team (including myself) have a ton of projects in the works, so it is taking a little longer than originally anticipated.

This project is definitely not dead. :)

Thanks for the update. ;)

Hiya Vic..

Really looking forward to this if you pull it off, will be happy to give it a beta for you :)

Also, one point, would it be possible for the user to have a seperate user name in the forum as to what they use in whmcs?

I think that people certainly prefer that, I know I do. Not sure how it would be done, maybe an additional field like $forum_name or something, which can then be passed to phpbb from whmcs when registering.

I was just notified about this thread by a colleague of mine, and thought it was kind of ironic considering I am working on a similar bridge myself for WHMCS and phpBB3. What features exactly would everyone want for such a system besides those mentioned?

Edited by cobrastrike

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure what everyone is looking for that's not in the original post, but just wanted to let you know that is still functioning without issue... Some have recieved errors but it seems this may be related to uncommon setups or something...

I thought there was an error with the pass :/:roll:

I thought there was an error with the pass :/:roll:
I think someone was having an issue with the "decrypt" I haven't personally seen that this command has changed so it should work... It was during the time that whmcs was upgraded so I wasn't sure if the decrypt had changed or not... it still works as far as I know...

Seems like we may have 3 versions on the go !

<sidenote> And people wonder why the source of WHMCS is ioncubed, open source type projects are crazy for branching like this lol </sidenote>

Looks like a good script ill be interested to see this working.

• 1 month later...

I don't think it is being worked on any more.

I got tired of waiting so I took what was already available and modified it to suit my needs. I'm still working on perfecting it.

If you are using the original script, you should beware of this particular line of code:

$query = "SELECT * FROM tblclients WHERE id='".$_SESSION["uid"]."' LIMIT 1";

If I'm not mistaken, that's vulnerable to an sql injection. Replacing $_SESSION["uid"] with $vars["ClientID"] in all applicable files should take care of the problem.

I may publish instructions and the improved code, but at this point I don't plan on it (mainly because I'd have to remember everything I did :P).

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...