PHPBB3 Bridge to WHMCS

herpherp

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I am installing the script as directed on the first (or 2nd?) post. I'm stuck at ---------------------Files to edit in whmcs---------------------

/includes/actionhooks.php - First - I can't find any actionhooks.php file. And secondly, all the whmcs files are encrypted so I can't tell what I'm looking at anyway... Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any insight!!

Cathy

This is not fully complete I only have 1 more process to add, which is the change password function in whmcs to change the password in phpbb3 as well...

I make no guarantees on this code as it is still in raw state, probably needs refining and secured etc...

The instructions are included in the attachement...

Basically what you can accomplish with this in it's current state is...

Automatic registrations in phpbb3 once a customer registers in whmcs....

Customers Username will be Firstname+ClientID Password will be the same as whmcs and the email will also be pushed to phpbb...

Autologin button from whmcs to phpbb3

Next step change password integration then, it will be fully integrated!(will be completed in the next few days)

It's up to you how you handle phpbb I outlined some suggestions in the instructions but there are too many templates for me to try to give instructions.... For instance you may want to forward registration attempts from phpbb to whmcs... You may want to remove login options from phpbb etc....

Let me know if you find more efficient ways of doing this....

and no a simple database insert is not an option with phpbb unfortunately.

• 2 months later...

Matt said that it is difficult to put out a solution as the two databases are not meant to work together- the one is using email addresses for the key, and other is using a client-created usernames. Matt created the integration for me through a support ticket (with a surprisingly low fee!) there are some limitations. Current users in the WHMCS are not automatically given a sign in and pass in phpbb. But new registrations will be. As well any changes to the registrations will be reflected in PHPBB.

In my books thats near perfection!

Cathy

define "surprisingly low fee" please :-)

also, they receive their login data on email or how? with new variables? does it work with 4.2?

Regards,

Sorry for being vague! I didn't want to say how small the fee was in case it cost him too much time to do it, and he would have to increase the fees. But nope, Matt says it will be $150 for whoever asks for it. Just submit a ticket!! Too easy. :) (Oh, but also include the db logins and ftp info for both the bb and whmcs.

Also I haven't yet figured out how it all works. Perhaps I'll write it out if/when I sort it out.

Cathy