Paypal IPN

serpendiem

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Note that PayPal very recently changed this. Less than 2 weeks ago I set my IPN by leaving the url blank. You cannot do that now.

See the thread at: http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=19391

Posted in that thread:

Whmcs submittes the notify URL as part of the payment submission process to whmcs. Therefore paypal will return to that notify, this _should_ override the one that is in the paypal configuration. If you follow the instructions in the wiki you should have no issues. I have configured my paypal like that and all my transactions work file. Just check that you have your WHMCS url settings correct in your configuration.

I don't know if that works - as I don't need to mess around with my IPN settings, as far as I know.

:?::?::?:

I have not entered the IPN.

There are 2 types of IPN.

The ipn that is on the paypal site will send ANY payment that you get to your whmcs scripts. Eg if i was to paypal you some money to paypal@youraddress.com it would notify you. However using the whmcs form it will tell paypal to notify your whmcs of the completion of that payment that is being made. This is enough to be able to verify the success/failure of the whmcs payment/transaction.

• 5 months later...
I have not entered the IPN.

There are 2 types of IPN.

The ipn that is on the paypal site will send ANY payment that you get to your whmcs scripts. Eg if i was to paypal you some money to paypal@youraddress.com it would notify you. However using the whmcs form it will tell paypal to notify your whmcs of the completion of that payment that is being made. This is enough to be able to verify the success/failure of the whmcs payment/transaction.

This is exactly what we are looking to do. Were you able to get the old subscriptions to match up with incoming IPN data when manually entered? I've been testing it and so far I haven't been able to get WHMCS to show any of the day-to-day transactions that came from anyone other then those who signed up directly through the whmcs system.