Website Payments Standard & Website Payments Pro

njoker555

I see that WHMCS has website payments PRO as one of their payment gateways and I wanted to know if I can use website Payments STANDARD with that gateway? like set up the api and everything

i want to use standard because it has no monthly fees and as being a very small company, we can't afford to pay $30 and still pay our server bill, we'd go in the hole every month unless we can get 50 new clients out of no where who will use our credit card system to pay

i have already contacted paypal about this but i dont think i'll be hearing form them before tuesday since its the columbus day holiday - and i have not set up a business account yet, i dont' want to until i get it all right

so response here is appreciated. thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
are you talking about regular paypal? because i dont see "Website standard" anywhere....

I am in the process of still trying to figure this out myself. I cannot get plain old everyday paypal that we are all used to, to even mark an invoice as paid. So i signed-up for PayPal Website Standard and issued myself an API username, password and key. I plugged them into the PayPal Website Pro fields within WHCS hoping it would work. Well I can't seem to get out of the WHMCS order page. It keeps telling me the creditcard number I entered is invalid.

Have you had any luck?

• 2 months later...

hi all.

ive spent the last 3 days reading the posts here, trying to get my own hosting site to work with paypal websites standard. heres what i found:

its pretty much automatic.

all you have to do is turn on the regular paypal gateway in whmcs. you dont need to turn on any other gateway, or mess with API or anything. you also should turn on the option to force the customer to the gatway, not the invoice.

when the customer is ready to pay, he is directed to the paypal site. he then has the option to pay with paypal, or he can choose to use his credit card if he doesnt have a paypal account. one thing is that you do need to have your paypal account verified, and set as a business seller account as well.

i kinda felt silly after figuring this out. i was going mad trying to get it to work. all you need to do is set up with the regular paypal gateway in WHMCS, and be sure to state somewhere on your order page that the customer can use his card or paypal when he is redirected to the paypal page.

honestly, i didnt see how it worked until i set up a test product that cost 1 cent and i used my girlfriends credit card to pay for it!

( O.o)

its so simple that i think its overlooked.

• 3 months later...

im just adding PayPal Standard to my site and i've set it up in WHMCS. I went to do a test order and it failed. I first had it directed to the invoice to pay, then as per post above, selected the option for the buyer to go direct to the gateway, but in each case, I got the same Paypal message on their page:

"The seller accepts encrypted website payments only. You cannot pay the seller through un-encrypted buttons. Please contact your seller for more details."

Can anyone tell me what this is? I have also followed the same procedure as Sotoman states above, yet it's not working for me.