ADDON - Maintenance Mode

sparky

Here is an update for anyone that is not fortunate enough to be able to install suphp (eg.. reseller account)

This version of the mod will create the maintenance.txt file in a tmp directory under the whmcs root.

eg.. public_html/whmcs/tmp/

You will also need to CHMOD 0777 the tmp directory.

http://tshosting.com.au/tmp/MaintenanceMode_special.rar

• 2 months later...
got mine working with the Special version even though mine is a dedicated box, but WHMCS is in sub directory

You will probably find that your webserver runs scripts as the user "nobody".

Therefore the user "nobody" does not have permission to write/create a file in your user directory.

• 5 months later...

Sparky, I have installed your addon Maintenance Mode v1.02 special, and when I click on Maintenance Mode at my Admin Area -> Addon Modules get this screen:

Maintenance Mode

Fatal error: Call to undefined function checkrights() in /home/domains/public_html/modules/admin/maintenance_mode/maintenance_mode.php on line 0

I have installed WHMCS v4.02, what am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

Sparky, I have installed your addon Maintenance Mode v1.02 special, and when I click on Maintenance Mode at my Admin Area -> Addon Modules get this screen:

Maintenance Mode

Fatal error: Call to undefined function checkrights() in /home/domains/public_html/modules/admin/maintenance_mode/maintenance_mode.php on line 0

Thank you.

OK--- I didn't think it was still being used.... if people are I will update it to be V4 compatible.

Maintenance Mode

Thank you.

in WHMCS v4.02 goto to your Admin area>Setup>General and scroll to the bottom of the page and your will see

Maintenance Mode Tick to enable - prevents client area access when enabled

so this is already included in V4+, so no need to use sparkys addon

Thank you equipc and easyhosting to show me where to go to activate maintenance mode.

I was aware of this feature included in version 4.0, but thought that with sparkys addon would have more control over maintenance page which I do not see included in the original mode.

Sparky thank you for your add-on, if you have the time to make it v4.0 compatible, here you have someone who will use it.

• 2 weeks later...
only my opinion, i cant see the point of uploading and using this when V4 already has this build in.

Yes you are right to a point, V4 does have it built in.

The built in one also does not allow html within the message field and it doesn't look very pretty does it. I think thats a big point.

As you said thats your opinion and everyone is entitled to an opinion. Maybe whoever that wants to use this mod has their own opinion on how they want the message to display on their own site.

Maybe you don't care but once again thats your opinion and your choice.

Yes you are right to a point, V4 does have it built in.

The built in one also does not allow html within the message field and it doesn't look very pretty does it. I think thats a big point.

As you said thats your opinion and everyone is entitled to an opinion. Maybe whoever that wants to use this mod has their own opinion on how they want the message to display on their own site.

Maybe you don't care but once again thats your opinion and your choice.

Sparky one more thing, I have just tryied to look at your maintenance mod using the link in your signaure, but this mod is not available from your site