DNS Module for cPanel

What???

90% of our problems are because of what a client has done wrong, ussually unintentionally. If they can't login to cpanel and navigate to the right function, I don't really want to offer that to them in WHMCS.

Last thing I would want to do is give them more functionality that they can use to screw things up. We are instaed focussing on tools that give them more information, or information in a more usable format. ie mobile templates, more reports, SEO tools etc.

Just my opinion

Your right to an extent Zoro - but at the same time, this is why there are support staff. That is their job, to clean up the mess that a client has made.

But I +1 to the idea of a DNS module, this is a great idea. This would help out a lot of people, especially clients that are IT knowledgable.

Your right to an extent Zoro - but at the same time, this is why there are support staff. That is their job, to clean up the mess that a client has made.

But I +1 to the idea of a DNS module, this is a great idea. This would help out a lot of people, especially clients that are IT knowledgable.

It is also 'our' job to help prevent the average joe user from screwing up something in the first place. I would agree that this is not a good thing to allow. The support I would offer is for the client to submit a ticket and request it, and then the change is made by a trained support member. It would make sense since it has been stated if they mess up then we fix it...why not cut out the possible problem from occuring.

+ this gives the support staff a record of all DNS changes made

I can see the debate here. Depends on the type client that you target, and each one's technical expertise.

Just thought I should clarify; I wouldn't want a feature to not be implemented, just because I don't have a need or want it, but would like to make sure i can turn it off at tick of a box.

I am "fighting" with cPanel's bugzilla to add this as a service to

cPanel and we (as Admins) to have the ability to enable/disable it like

the shell access from WHM for each client. Like Zorro stated, only someone who needs it / know to use it may have access to modify his zone. So no problems, no mess :-)

Anyone who wants to help, feel free to post your vote / comment

http://bugzilla.cpanel.net/show_bug.cgi?id=1971

Regards,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

This is another thread I have found on this subject today http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?p=73090

We would welcome this solution as an add-on/option to our products during the signup process. Then perhaps charge an extra small fee for the privilege. We agree this would not suite most users, but by inserting a warning message should put most users off. Especially if there is a small fee for fixing incurred.

If anyone has created or found a cPanel module for WHMCS or indeed found a module for cPanel please post here.

There will be a cPanel Tools frontend addon soon..... Please be patient.

Some of the functions will be Add/Delete Email accounts, Databases, FTP accounts, and a couple of more. Hopefully in the next few weeks I will ask for some beta testers. (Please don't ask yet)

I doubt that it will have DNS functions (but you never know) because as a server root administrator it goes against my beliefs.

How do I know if a customer (being a complete stranger to me) knows what he is doing with the DNS zone.

I like my servers to run smoothly without unnecessary problems being caused.

That aside a reseller account (WHM) can be assigned the functions to be able to edit the DNS zones from the root account.

If you have a reseller account ask your host for access. Very few will give it!!

This is another thread I have found on this subject today http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=8280

We would welcome this solution as an add-on/option to our products during the signup process. Then perhaps charge an extra small fee for the privilege. We agree this would not suite most users, but by inserting a warning message should put most users off. Especially if there is a small fee for fixing incurred.

If anyone has created or found a cPanel module for WHMCS or indeed found a module for cPanel please post here.

Sorry - don't know what happened there :roll:. The correct link is shown now.

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=8280