WHMCS & Joomla 1.5 Integration - interactiveonline.com

davet

Please let me know what you think of our new integration of WHMCS & Joomla 1.5

http://interactiveonline.com/billing/index.php

The entire site just uses the WHMCS authentication process, not Joomla's but I was able to edit a Joomla YooLogin module to allow users to login to WHMCS.

I created the wrapper from viewing the Joomla source code & copy/pasting it into the WHMCS header and footer templates. But since I needed this wrapper for other scripts such as our store at http://interactiveonline.com/store/shop.php I wanted to use the php-include function to include snippets of code.

I used the following

{include_php file="../nav/head.php"} (contains CSS locations)

{include_php file="../nav/header.php"} (contains the HTML after <BODY>)

{include_php file="../nav/footer.php"} (contains the reset of the html up until </BODY>)

Both WHMCS and our STORE script (associate-o-matic.com) pull the header and footer from the same files named head.php, header.php and footer.php. These files contain the appropriate code for certain portions of the page.

We now have 1 set of files that will handle the header/footer wrapper for additional scripts that we need it for such as phpBB3 & our STORE. There's now only 1 set we need to update if we add or remove Joomla menu items.

I'd still like to determine a way to pull the Joomla Menus dynamically into WHMCS but until that day we can update 1 set of files.

Now if I could just get them to authenticate with one another... that would be great! :)

Hi Dave.

Looks nice, this page gives an SSL error : https://interactiveonline.com/billing/submitticket.php

I went to your main page (HTTP) and then clicked contact, interestingly enough the date is yesterday on the page above, but homepage has the correct date.

Chris :)

Thanks for the feedback. I fixed both of these.... well the date I just removed.

Mind to ask how do you make your frontpage "no contents" ? all I see is a module position.

Within Joomla, your HOME menu link should point to an article that you don't have any content entered. Joomla will tell you that you have to have text for the article, but i just entered a few spaces. Then display the modules you want on the frontpage for the HOME menu link.

• 2 weeks later...

I see you using the yoo_evolution template so I signed up for it too and installed it at http://tycoonlinks.com to see if I could get that Module font thing to work. I don't see it anywhere. I installed the complete demo of that template to make sure I didn't miss any little trick.

Any other clues on how or where to find that feature? Plugin? Effect?

I figured it out. It is doing double colors by default in the template but they were both so close in color it was hard to tell. I wanted some contrast in colors - distinctly different colors.

Took a while but here are the 2 things you have to change in template's modules.css file. Just change the two colors to whatever you like and it will take effect on all module titles.

div.module h3.module {

margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;

padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px;

font-size: 120%;

color: #323232;

font-weight: normal;

div.mod-default h3.module span.color {

color: #646464;

font-weight: bold;

I like the plain and straight forward style with a decent absence of clutter bloat and lots of white space. So it is a pleasing design for my own eye. Then I started looking through your site and found it very interesting. As a whole you have presented your company very well. How sensible to offer an integrated blog instead of a forum. Generally tasteful.

Also, cheers for the above Joomla tip.

Hi. I have almost succeeded in doing this: However, I can't get the main WHMCS content in the main joomla layout. Meaning, the heading is fine, but the footer and main part almost have no layout/css. How large is your head.php file? Does it just contain html stuff or is it like 200kb in size? Mine is only 8kb. When I save your entire head.php file it comes to around 180 kb. But when I put the 'inclue head.php' blah blah the page just comes up with the whole head.php file?

Confusing as.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Would be very grateful for info on how you customised the youlogin module to work with WHMCS?

Cheers

Terry

Same here i'd love to know how to do this. I also would like to know how you only used like 4 modules for the front page but dont have any extra space i want to use like 5-6 modules but i always end up with white space left.. that i dont want :(

I wish I had the time to explain exactly what I did but to be honest I could spend hours trying to figure out exactly how I did everything. I do know I spent days submerged in the joomla, whmcs & yoo-login CSS and template files. I spent literally months on the entire site and integration.

One thing I remember... there are css and template files for the yoo-login module styles if I am not mistaken. Do a search within /modules/yoo_login for the <form> element and replace the posting url and other element related to the form with elements in the custom WHMCS login module.

I good tool to use for searching through multiple files is UltraEdit.

As for the main page of the site with the modules and no whitespaces that was a lot of trial an error with the Joomla template's CSS files. I really have no clue what I changed but finally got what I was looking for.

Thanks for all the positive feedback!