Product Price in Products.TPL

Redundant

hey folks,

I am trying to obtain the product price, Only. In the products.tpl the price is displayed with lines such as these:

{if $product.pricing.monthly}{$product.pricing.monthly}<br />{/if}

But, {product.pricing.monthly} doesn't output only the price. The term is appended to the price. For example: "Price per month - $19.95"

I've hunted through the Smarty documentation to figure out a way to extract the price, but wasn't successful. Anyone know of a WHMCS variable, or way I can get only the product price out of a string?

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

You can throw a {debug} tag in the .tpl file and view the page. It'll pop up a window that has all the variables you can use in the template. (If you have a busy site you'll want to remove the {debug} tag as soon as you view the page so your visitors can't see it.

Thanks for the great tip brianr :). Unfortunately, the variables shown there include the term appended to the price as well.

This brings me to a second question. Where can I find the variables that are available for editing. There are some variables that are too long for my template and sometimes the same variable is used in different templates as well as it would be a time saver to edit the one file than open each .tpl template.

Those will be in the language definition file, check the /whmcs/lang/ directory.

Actually the issue was resolved by editing the file in the whmcs/lang directory which was able to remove the Monthly, Quarterly, etc.

Thanks all for the help.

Hey Mobile,

Just a heads up to be careful with that "work around". I tried that and later found that removing those via Lang Files resulted in some drop downs in Config Options, Addons, and other cart areas became unclear.

In other words, some other parts of the cart are dependant on that term being part of the price in order to place the product option into context as far as payment term.