Who is online?

MzaNike

Does anyone have seen a possibility to have a block (or something similar) which is displying on the Admin Main Page the current logged in Users (names) and visitors (IP)?

Probably someone already has this function?

Thanks in advance

I agree this would be a very good option!

Obviously if your site has loads of visitors etc it would be draining... hence why you have option to turn it off... just like you do with the client drop down list.

it could probaby be done with a plugin, but i wouldnt know how.

Whats the point in telling us how u can do it with other software? he (and i) want it in WHMCS...

......Whats the point in telling us how u can do it with other software? he (and i) want it in WHMCS...

dansgalaxy, I had the same thoughts when reading this thread, and so many others around the net.

It seems to be a worldwide social problem, people not reading the original posters comment and not even being aware of the title of the forum they are replying to posts in! :roll:

This forum is for customisation questions, the original poster posted their question in the correct forum (WHMCS customisation), yet receives nonsense posts about unrelated third party products (spam? It wasn't requested after all).

MzaNike, my post here isn't too helpful for you but it would be a nice option to have this displayed in the default WHMCS installation, if not, I'm sure someone here could pont you in the right direction on how to accomplish your request. :)

Whats the point in telling us how u can do it with other software? he (and i) want it in WHMCS...

The point is that WHMCS would turn into a bloated mess if it tries to be all things to all people. Open your wallet and buy an existing program for this instead of trying to get Matt to stray from the original intent of WHMCS.

I suppose one could do a template "hack" to query the sessions table in the DB, but I think it would be better to submit a feature request for this?

I'd like to see this option as well, and one could even go further, and have an option to open a live chat with the person on line?

The point is that WHMCS would turn into a bloated mess if it tries to be all things to all people. Open your wallet and buy an existing program for this instead of trying to get Matt to stray from the original intent of WHMCS.

Well, not really. If it will help with the communication of client & the hosting company, why not? It almost falls under the same feature set as "mass mail" & "send message" - so it could be used to communicate with clients while they're in the system?

Okay, firstly i pay enough for WHMCS, i cannot afford it i am a small webhost/services business, i already have a FREE livehelp solution (crafty syntax) which is perfect and shows who is online, but that is beside the point.

I have seen comments exactly like yours about WHMCS that it shouldnt "Stray", as far as i am concerned and personally i accept as FACT one software (whmcs) which can be the COMPLETE SOLUTION! for webhosts, so a software which has everything AND more to help webhosts so they dont have to pay out for additional software which actually would cause more server strain because it has to use differant user systems and all that hassel and of course means they dont have to "Open their wallet and buy an exisiting program" would make WHMCS a darn site more attractive!

Back on point, having a who's online feature would be brilliant for some but not for others, but seriously, how hard would it be to have a little tick box to turn it on or off? pretty easy i would wager. So people who dont need/want it can just turn it off and vice versa.

Dan

@SoBeIT & SoftDux: Nice to see some people who arnt narrow minded and can apprieciate others opinions and views!

(If this forum has reputation points you would definatly be getting some from me!)

Dan

Well, not really. If it will help with the communication of client & the hosting company, why not? It almost falls under the same feature set as "mass mail" & "send message" - so it could be used to communicate with clients while they're in the system?

I was just browsing and came across a thread, where matt was saying it wasnt a necessity of web hosts, and that he has live chat support on a differant server to the website because its so resource hungry, but this still makes me think that it still applies to the majority of small to medium webhosts, who how their whole business on one server, if a business is large enough to require seperate servers than it could just be disabled. and still benifit many many webhosts, it seems like a great option to be able to have admins work of the same user system and share access, and it seems silly for a support person to have two logins to whmcs and live chat, and have to switch between them when providing someone with support...

Or perhaps this could be made into an addon?

I am toying with the idea of trying to modifying Crafty Syntax into a working addon for WHMCS for my self (and yes if i get something remotly decent it will be made freely avalible (once i have double checked the crafty syntax license ;))

Dan