ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

thesitedoc

I have transferred the Ioncube folder into the WHMCS folder and uploaded that folder onto my server. When I run the install I get this error.

Site error: the file /var/www/html/whmcs/install/install.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the site administrator.

Not sure why. Any suggestions.

If you don't have root access (eg shared server), you can create a new php.ini in a location that you do have access to, and drop the line into that.

Usually not the case. With PHP handlers such as suPHP, yes, but without said handlers it would just be ignored.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

You would put:

zend_extension = /path/to/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

for example i have:

zend_extension = /usr/local/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

Make sure that the path is valid. Just upload the ioncube somewhere and point it to the right place.

Bhavic

• 4 weeks later...

I get a Simular problem but dont belive my host can help me this is my problem

Site error: the file /home/content/m/e/a/meathead/html/clients/index.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_4.4.so to be installed by the site administrator.

I want to transfer Hosting Companys anyone know a great and well known one?

• 2 weeks later...

We are also having a similar issue, well it could be the same.

Basically we get ther error as everyone else has, even though the php info screen is showing that the ioncube loader is loaded... and the ioncube test file gives a decoded response when viewing!!

Could it be something to do with the cron.php file?

• 5 months later...
Read the manual.

Not very helpful really (that comment or the manual!!!) especially if your time is limited due to 15 day trials.................

anyhow

I too had an absolute nightmare with the ioncube loader and this latest version of PHP, the way I solved it (and I have been meaning to start a thread for this for others struggling) was via ssh do you have root access to your server? If so simply log in using root log in details and and you can install via yum. If you dont know anything about yum have a look at this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowdog_Updater,_Modified

Now the yum command is:

yum install php-ioncube-loader

This will then start the installation process. Once this has completed, you will need to restart apache for it to take affect. Now you can review the changes by viewing the php info page. If you don’t have one, you can make one by going to a web accessible directory and creating the file with the following text;

“<? phpinfo(); ?>

IonCube should show up as an additional module now.

Hope that helps, persevere once you get past this the end script is well worth the effort, I know you must be frustrated I was very!!!!

all the best

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I had this issue appear recently for what appeared to be no reason. I talked to the server providers and they struggled at first to find the reason. Here is what sorted it out for me - it may help you.

In the 'Automation Settings' of your WHMCS admin it states to add a cron similar to this:

php -q /home/USERNAME/public_html/WHMCS_FOLDER/admin/cron.php

My server support changed it to:

/usr/local/bin/php -q /home/USERNAME/public_html/WHMCS_FOLDER/admin/cron.php

They did try adding a php.ini and using curl, but the above is what is now working.

I hope this is of help to others.

• 3 years later...
Hi All,

I had this issue appear recently for what appeared to be no reason. I talked to the server providers and they struggled at first to find the reason. Here is what sorted it out for me - it may help you.

In the 'Automation Settings' of your WHMCS admin it states to add a cron similar to this:

php -q /home/USERNAME/public_html/WHMCS_FOLDER/admin/cron.php

My server support changed it to:

/usr/local/bin/php -q /home/USERNAME/public_html/WHMCS_FOLDER/admin/cron.php

They did try adding a php.ini and using curl, but the above is what is now working.

I hope this is of help to others.

Have you recently updated php/made changes to the php configs? i cant see another reason for a cronjob that did work to suddenly happen.

Its possible that a change has knocked things out of whack some how but I would have expected issues to show up long before cron ran the file.