How To: Forcing knowledgebase search before submitting ticket

Nice job Matt, I like it...

Had a couple of emails asking when 3.6.2 will be released so thought I would post here - should release a BETA early next week and stable around a week later. You can preview the ticket submission feature @ http://beta.whmcs.com/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=3 - try a ticket message asking to cancel your account.

Matt

Had a couple of emails asking when 3.6.2 will be released so thought I would post here - should release a BETA early next week and stable around a week later. You can preview the ticket submission feature @ http://beta.whmcs.com/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=3 - try a ticket message asking to cancel your account.

Matt

Nice Work !

I think this should be in the announcement section , it is so important to so many people that they should see it .

• 1 month later...

I'm new at this please explain how to do this part in more detail?

1) Create the fulltext index on your MySQL knowledgebase table.

Code:

create index smartsearch on tblknowledgebase fulltext(title);

I did the other 2 parts just do not understand where to put this part.

Thank You

I'm new at this please explain how to do this part in more detail?

1) Create the fulltext index on your MySQL knowledgebase table.

Code:

create index smartsearch on tblknowledgebase fulltext(title);

I did the other 2 parts just do not understand where to put this part.

Thank You

this is already included in version 3.6.2, so no reason to hack things to try to add it

• 6 months later...

Can anyone offer insight? I really love the smartsearch.php page before the ticket submit page. I upgraded to 3.81 and I tried to activate SEO Friendly KB urls. Which works great, but now my smartsearch.php page is all messed up. Missing images on the left nav, etc. For now I de-activated SEO friendly KB urls, so my smartsearch page will look normal. Any idea why activating SEO friendly KB urls would mess up my smartsearch.php page?