Clients not paying?

xxkylexx

He guys,

Just wondering if this was a problem for other hosters as well. I have an issue with various clients forgeting to pay their invoices. I suspend the account after 3 days past due, but I'd always like to get their payment in on the proper time. I am thinking about going strickly to recurring billing on all new orders which will handle all payments for them automatically.

Thoughts?

Kyle

Subscriptions don't really help too much especially through PayPal as all they have to do is to empty out thier account and then the payment fails.

I suspend them after 3 days and delete the account after 7. That ususally gets their attention! I also add $15 to reinstate the account. WHM can reinstall the account from the backup file in about 2 minutes so it isn't a big deal for me.

John

Most of clients now are in Brazil... a lot of people here dont want to pay... I have toooons of problems with security and all.

What I do and it works very well is:

1) client pays first the period that is going to use.

2) I give them 10 days to pay if they are late for next period.

3) they dont pay, I left WHMcs suspend and dont bring it back until payment is done. We blame the system. :)

Works like a charm and more and more people pay on time.

Hey,

Most of my clients are all around the world so getting money from them to me is a pain in the butt, how ever I give them 5 days before the payment is due then 5 extra days after the payment is due to pay for a total of 11 days. All most 2 weeks so after that I just suspended send them an email and if no response get them off...

From,

Adam

The biggest problem I find is getting Dedicated Server Customers to pay up on time for the datacentre bill.

So what happens is we pay the DC but then the customer F's off leaving us to collect his debt. Pisses me off. Which is why I'm going to take payment on dedi's 7days early from now on.

• 5 months later...
The biggest problem I find is getting Dedicated Server Customers to pay up on time for the datacentre bill.

So what happens is we pay the DC but then the customer F's off leaving us to collect his debt. Pisses me off. Which is why I'm going to take payment on dedi's 7days early from now on.

I always ask dedicated server payments 7 days before I need to pay the datacenter for the server. I impose on the custommer that, if he doesn't pay on a certain date, his server will be cancelled RIGHT AWAY and that there will be no tolerence.

So far, it seems like my system is working :D

• 3 months later...

Seriously though, you should be requesting up front payments to cover any costs that you may be landed with. Until they pay the client doesn't get anything simple as that.

Luckily we get all of our services cheap from a provider so we don't process any orders until we're paid upfront by the client. So thus we skip the whole being landed with unpaid invoices.