adding addons

Stealthusa

Ok not really sure where to post this at but going to put it here.

ok here we go LOL

i have all my Products & Services set up and so on like Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting

and then i went into the PRODUCT ADDONS and added all the stuff set some to show with the plans on checkout

now lets say a client wants to addon now i have notice when they are in there clients area that it will only show them the addon like Shared hosting and reseller hosting packages addon

now how do i get it to show the other addons that i have made say like installtion script and forum install for the ect.

do i have to make it in the Products & Services to then

and also how would i put a icon with a link on the main index of the whmc where all the rest is that where they could just see the packages and addon

what i mean is that on the main page of the whmc script where all the rest is there can also be a icon to link to all your plans and addons

'

• 2 weeks later...

ok now that i have done but what i am saying after they have bought a package and then they go to there client page and say that want to add something the only thing the script shows is the shared hosting plans

it don't show anything else like addons and so

the only way i have seen to make it work is that i would have to take everything that i have put in the MANAGE PRODUCT ADDONS

and create a new group in the Manage Products & Services and say name it addons now from what i see this is more of a pain then it would be to make it some how to be able to make your Product Addons show in the clients page.

hope someone can help on this i hate to have to add all of this stuff twice.

While all (most) of us here understand that, it's a little difficult for a lot of customers to find it. Hell... even some of us here had to ask about it first. It just seems a little counter-intuitive with the "Order Additional Items" link on the support page.

From that page you should be able to select an already purchased package and then it'll list the available addons.

The current system can stay the same, there just needs to be a little bit extra added to the "Order Additional Items" page.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Follow these links: My Products & Services, View Details on a product, then click the Order Addons link. THen you'll be able to see all the addons available for that product.

Matt

Matt,

Has this changed in version 3?

I created an addon for a hosting package, but there is no link to add it under product details page (client side).

How do customers add an 'addon' to their existing packages?

Follow these links: My Products & Services, View Details on a product, then click the Order Addons link. THen you'll be able to see all the addons available for that product.

Matt

Matt,

Has this changed in version 3?

I created an addon for a hosting package, but there is no link to add it under product details page (client side).

How do customers add an 'addon' to their existing packages?

hi yabado

we are using v3 and in the client area we have a link still for "order additional items" - do you have the link set up in your header.tpl file?

our header.tpl has this code which lets logged in clients order more if they want:

[url="order.php"][img=images/clientarea/check.gif]{$LANG.clientareanavorder}[/url]

madhippo,

Thanks for the post. I have done major revisions to my theme files, but that link is still there.

However, that link only takes you to the order page. The order page still displays info as if you are ordering for the first time, and does not give you options for addons to the existing hosting package.

Am I mising something?

"Order Additional Items" would be better named "Order A New Product" to save the confusion everyone seems to have :D

it does seem implied from the existing text that it would be the link to follow for add-ons to existing packages, but thats not the case

similarly "My Products & Services " *sounds* like it would give you a summary of your products and services, but you actually only see domains on My domains, hosting on My Hosting etc.