Sure its a problem when I have employees logging in and seeing it.. I was unaware it was a British company.. which explains a lot when it comes to the languages.. perhaps they need to offer a US and UK English language defines.. and if nothing else, unlock those parts so one could change it themselves.. otherwise I wouldn't have to post it as a bug

Localisation should read

Localization (found in atleast the general config settings tab)

Not if you use the proper "Queens English", instead of that fak version that some countries peddle.

What do you mean, US English. there's no such thing, there's just good grammar, and bad "grammer"

And by the way "colour" has a "u", 'Cheque" has a "qu", french fries are not legally "chips", and chips are really crisps.

!!!

Fun thread !

I hope we soon happen to have pages in WHMCS that mention lorries, I mean trucks, and their trunk, ah hem their boot, or harbo(u)rs, or going to the loo (restroom, that is).

I only worried about French translation and localiz/sation so far but obviously there's more to the lang files than meets the eye ;-)

I really have no idea why all the language variants from uk to us english have anything to do with asking.. where I can change this.. and/or why one can not change it

I run a professional business.. I have professionals from many different areas seeing the backend.. and for me to have to excuse the variants with the coders are from the UK just seems silly.. and I thought that using the smarty template system with language defines, would allow one to fix something that is correct in some parts of the world.. either its encoded, or I am not finding the admin language defines

hoosierweb,

While others may not understand or agree, this is obviously an important issue to you, and rightly so. I suggest sending an email to WHMCS support (or sales) for either some guidance, or a solution. Not sure if they can provide you with that but I think it is certainly worth a try since no one here has been able to answer you.