Removing late charge

TDub

I looked but couldn't find if this had been asked. If I manually remove a late charge which was automatically added by WHMCS to an invoice, WHMCS adds it back in on that days batch.

Is there a way to remove a late fee from an invoice and have it stay off without disabling late fee automation?

The way I read the original post, Tony wanted a way to remove the late fee and not have it re-added by the system. He then declined to use your suggestion of setting it to zero because he doesn't want a zero late fee on the invoice.

I offered the only other workaround I know of. Since already editing the invoice to set it to 0 or remove it, how hard is it to then just hit the 'attempt payment' button on the outstanding invoice and collect the funds at the same time?

Seems like a good logical solution to me. It avoids the zero late fee, and avoids the cron adding the late fee again and collects the funds. Win Win Win.

But if the customer is using paypal to pay, your solution isn't a solution at all..

I said it was a workaround not a solution, and he never said he was using Paypal. Had he mentioned Paypal, I would have come up with a simple workaround for that too. It is pretty easy if you think a little bit.

Go to the invoice, remove the late fee, send a copy of the invoice minus the late fee to the customer. Then change the due date of the invoice to something later, so it does not get run again. That shouldn't be an issue, since you don't want the late fee anyway.

For all the trolls out there that feel the need to find fault with people for trying to help, without actually adding any value to the discussion, it is a workaround, so it is not going to be perfect, thus the term workaround.

Thanks guys. Yes, this would be an unpaid credit card (not PayPal) invoice.

The reason I ask is that I ran into a situation where a customer paid a late invoice manually not realizing they were automatically charged a late fee (they didn't pay attention to the invoice...go figure). The system correctly added the late fee but I forgot to remove it since I told them I'd waive the fee. Oops. So, catching this mistake, I voided the transaction before it posted (another oops...voids take longer than refunds to post back to the customers bank account :( ), then removed the late charge off the invoice, and figured that night's batch would process their payment without the late charge. The customer was charged again that night automatically as expected, but WITH the late charge added back :( So now they were double-charged (once for the void and once for the auto-charge).

Long story short, I guess I figured once I removed the late charge manually it would not get automatically added back in. I was mistaken and lost a very irate customer over it (can't blame them). So just looking to not make the same mistake again ;)

Oh untwist your panties michael. No one was picking on you.

I said it was a workaround not a solution, and he never said he was using Paypal. Had he mentioned Paypal, I would have come up with a simple workaround for that too. It is pretty easy if you think a little bit.

Go to the invoice, remove the late fee, send a copy of the invoice minus the late fee to the customer. Then change the due date of the invoice to something later, so it does not get run again. That shouldn't be an issue, since you don't want the late fee anyway.

For all the trolls out there that feel the need to find fault with people for trying to help, without actually adding any value to the discussion, it is a workaround, so it is not going to be perfect, thus the term workaround.

Please, let's keep this positive. I thought the purpose of this forum was to fix problems not create them. If you don't have anything positive to say or something worthwhile to contribute, I'd appreciate if you would please not post at all.

Again, thanks to all who have helped me try to find a solution to this problem.