Default payment method

kcackler

Somehow or another, I've set 'Mail In Payment' as the default payment type when I create invoices. I need to change this to CC so that clients with a CC on file will be auto charged for their projects. But for the life of me, I can't find this setting.

How do I change the default gateway that is used when I create invoices for my clients?

Kevin

I have Paypal, 2Checkout, manual listed in that order. If it was alphabetical, then I would expect either 2checkout to be the default.

Could be that it is the last one on the list or the last one activated?

• WHMCS CEO

It's actually first alphabetically in terms of gateway name, not the custom name you give it. So mailin comes before tco and offlinecc. You can change the payment method an invoice has from the Options tab.

Matt

Can we get a reply here Matt/anyone? It is senseless for mail in payment to be the default payment method when 99% of my clients pay by CC. (One client uses mail in payment on a regular basis)

It's obviously a wanted feature, and wouldn't be more than a line of code to implement, especially since we already have the ability to "Move up/Down" gateways. Just take the gateway that's at the top of our list and make that the default.

I would really appreciate this feature.

• 1 month later...

Matt - Where is this feature in 3.6.1? I assumed that my first payment gateway in the list of gateways would be the default for a new invoice, but that is not the case. Please let me know, as this was my sole reason for upgrading to .1

Kevin

I may be wrong here, but perhaps it was updated in 3.6.1 after the first release of 3.6.1

Try downloading the latest 3.6.1 package and see if that makes a difference.

I know, it seems a little bit of a strange way to release updates, but it has happened to me in the past.

If I am incorrect though with the way updates are done now, hopefully Matt will correct me. :)

Cheers,

Paul

OK, so Iceman posted here in this thread...I know because I got an email notification about it. Someone deleted his post. I know that because it's not here anymore. So the question is this: WHY can someone take the time to delete his post but nobody can take the time to answer our question? Seriously - This is just ridiculous.

• 4 months later...