Do suspensions still generate invoices?

eugenevdm

Please correct me if I'm wrong:

Suspensions still generates invoices.

The reason why I ask this is because as I understand it the following is true:

1. A cancellation is if someone decides to discontinue the service. They wish to move on, perhaps because they no longer require the service or perhaps because they are going to another provider.

2. A suspension is if someone hasn't paid.

We have the following scenario for which we need a solution:

Some of our Internet access customers, e.g. Wireless account holders go overseas and they wish to "suspend" their services for six months, only to resume it when they come back.

We thought we could mark these services as "Suspended", however, it appears WHMCS still generates invoices. This is incorrect.

At the same time we have marked various services as canceled because those clients have moved on.

What should we do if we want to keep the client's account on file but re-activate it when they return?

We thought we could mark these services as "Suspended", however, it appears WHMCS still generates invoices. This is incorrect.

Ok maybe "This is incorrect" is too harsh words. Instead we request a feature whereby if an account is suspended it does not generate any more invoices for that account. I know it's complicated but it will help our situation.

I believe your case of a customer wanting suspension without to prevent charging is a rare case and really should be terminated on the server and restored when needed to go active again. Otherwise they should be paying for the services.

"Billing suspension" can be a handy feature, particularly for ISPs, but I doubt if this will make it into WHMCS. Problem is, even if it got implemented, many companies may require many different options, such as reconnect/reactivation fees, dormancy fees, prorating reactivation to the original billing cycle, etc.

As PPH points out, this is quite rare, and should be done manually.

We actually prefer suspended accounts having an invoice created, as some clients will leave their account suspended for a period of time, ie on holiday, lack of funds, and then log in and make payment on the overdue invoice.

They can then also see the new invoice for the coming month which has also been created in advance.