Help to add additional contact

Zorro67

Now I know for sure that i am going senile.

For the life of me, i cannot figure out how to allow a client to add another contact to their account from the front end.

I swear I've looked through the manual, and searched through the KB & forums (as best I can for a common phrase like "add contacts").

Do you think i can find an answer?

So if anyone can tell me where, as a logged in client on the frontend, I could (as a client) add a new contact i'd be most grateful.

Thanks to both of you for your input.

there's a good chance that I 've issues with files not taking properly on the V3.6 upgrade.

Given the amount of mods I've done, a file by file comparison with those files should help.

Like I said,- going senile ;)

For those that might also be looking for an answer to this,

The code is in the 1st line of the clientareacontacts.tpl

<div class="contentbox"><a href="{$smarty.server.PHP_SELF}?action=details">{$LANG.clientareanavdetails}</a> | <strong>{$LANG.clientareanavcontacts}</strong> | <a href="{$smarty.server.PHP_SELF}?action=addcontact">{$LANG.clientareanavaddcontact}</a>{if $ccenabled} | <a href="{$smarty.server.PHP_SELF}?action=creditcard">{$LANG.clientareanavchangecc}</a>{/if} | <a href="{$smarty.server.PHP_SELF}?action=changepw">{$LANG.clientareanavchangepw}</a></div>

If I change the url to .../clientarea.php?action=addcontact, I get the extra menu set that I was looking for.

The clientarea.tpl & clientarea.php files are v3.6.0

But the code doesn't present, and nothing in any visible log file.

ARRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Looks like i need professional help!! - can be read as however you like.

Make sure you clear the templates_c folder, it's likely you are seeing a cached version of the template.

Thnaks for the suggestion, Mike & apologies for the tardy reply.

Solution for the above (and many other upgrade errors) - make sure that all files uploaded actually overwrite the original and then make sure that you are actually doublechecking the file in comparison to what it should be :!: , instead of checking against your backup directory :(

Appreciate the suggestions and advice. problem solved