How to renew and bill a client early for domain renewal.

rldev

Why not change the DUE DATE for the domain to be ahead of the expiry date? Also make certain the invoices are sent several days/weeks in advance of it being DUE. That way you should receive payment well before the domain expires.

Cheers,

Paul

Why not change the DUE DATE for the domain to be ahead of the expiry date? Also make certain the invoices are sent several days/weeks in advance of it being DUE. That way you should receive payment well before the domain expires.

Cheers,

Paul

Temporarily changing the Due Date is not a bad idea, but I recommend this:

- Go to Configuration > Automation Settings

- From there, look to the mid-bottom and find "Domain Reminder Settings"

- Enter the number of days for each, then save.

- Go to Configuration > Email Templates

- Open the Upcoming Domain Renewal Notice template

- In the template, instruct the client that he/she can log into the client area and go to My Domains, View Details, then click the Renew Domain button.

Hope that helps.

No I meant permanently change the Due Date.

It helps also in keeping a single Invoice for those paying for monthly hosting. Simply change the DUE DATE for the domain to the same as the Hosting plan and only one Invoice will be generated in the month they are BOTH due.

Keeps things simple for the clients.

Cheers,

Paul

• WHMCS Developer

WHMCS will only send the renewal request when the invoice has been paid.

You can send reminders (set in Automation Settings) to mail the client regarding their domain renewal.

you can also, as suggested above, change the next due date to a week/month before the expiry date and your cron will generate the invoice for it and the renewal request will be sent to the registrar when the client pays,

I actually use that idea. I have set my due dates to be 7 days ahead of the expiration date. Then the invoices get created and the client gets billed. works great except for one thing.

I never know about the paid invoice. There is no screen to show which domains have paid. Its up to me to keep an eye on the domains prior to renewal and "remember" to renew them. I wish there was a way to display paid domain renewals so I could then renew them.

ADDED:

wow after posting this i went and looked at my domains and found 3 set to expire that as I indicate were invoiced and paid but once again i did do not have any reminder to renew any of them after they were paid.

How do you guys handle this?

the latest "patch" had a few bugs, i am waiting until 3.6.1 comes out to upgrade.

thats why i listed my verison in case it was fixed in a later one and someone could confirm.

do you have knowledge of this that it was fixed or are you just posting a smart a.. remark telling me to upgrade.

the latest "patch" had a few bugs, i am waiting until 3.6.1 comes out to upgrade.

thats why i listed my verison in case it was fixed in a later one and someone could confirm.

do you have knowledge of this that it was fixed or are you just posting a smart a.. remark telling me to upgrade.

Not at all. As I said, maybe a "silly thought"... and stating the bleeding obvious.

Unfortunately some folks don't think of those things though. :roll:

Cheers,

Paul