WHMCS/Kayako Integration problem with charset

shed

Problem:

Kayako and WHMCS are both set tu use iso-8859-1 charset and work fine apart from each other..., however when I integrate WHMCS I get weird characters replacing my norwegion international characters in my Kayako support interface and tickets... anyone experienced anything similar? any ideas?

Any help much appreciated!

Rgds

Terry Thorpe

Well I finally got a solution to this... But not from Kayako... got to say a huge THANK YOU! to Ronnie Fang of hostingskin.com!

Ronny supplied me with my (awesome)WHMCS template and after seeing I was having problems very kindly offered to make everything work... turns out WHMCS prefers utf8, ronnie tweaked my template and Kayako/WHMCS setup and Bingo!

Shame Kayako support werent as effective - but perhaps this was due to the problem being across systems... anyway I have a solution now and am a very happy puppy... and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Ronnie to anyone experiencing similar issues, extremely friendly and helpful guy. Thanks Ronnie.

• 2 months later...

We're having a similar problem.

Customer raised a ticket via Kayako(WHMCS) and put a subject of 'FTP Query – Urgent' but when received via email;

FTP Query liA=Urgent

and then when viewed in Kayako staff area, appears as a ? symbol on a black square. �

At a loss on this one so any suggestions are appreciated.

• 1 year later...