joomla 1.5 integration

I found a new extension for joomla 1.5 call Jfusion that I"m hoping one of the skilled php coder in the communtiy would be able to setup so our whmcs.com installs could control the login/user details for joomla 1.5 installs.

Here's how it works. The plugin makes the whmcs software database the "master database" for any Joomla authentication. This means that whmcs will be used for all usermanagament such as registration, lost password, permissions, etc.

http://www.jfusion.org is the url

check the development link for some coding instructions.

• 2 months later...

This sounds great. and I like the way you have set up firstprotocol.

I would like to manage my clients in the same fashion, for web development and other services. Any tips on how to set that up as you did?

iWire how do you mean the way I have it setup?

MySmallBuzU - NO! Expensive! Going to try and get one of my own guys to make it when we get chance as it was silly bids people wanting thousands to make it, just wasnt going to happen! Once I can spare one of my dev guys to do it, I will let you know and pm you.

:) firstpro

The new version of Community Builder should be out this week or next. There is also a free devkit for community builder and both cb and whmcs have open api's so someone has to be able to come up with a workable solution.

Keep me in the loop as you move forward and I'll be keeping an eye on the community builder release.

iWire how do you mean the way I have it setup?

MySmallBuzU - NO! Expensive! Going to try and get one of my own guys to make it when we get chance as it was silly bids people wanting thousands to make it, just wasnt going to happen! Once I can spare one of my dev guys to do it, I will let you know and pm you.

:) firstpro

I mean the way clients can purchase web services such as web design etc, and it looks like whcms manages that for you from the clients portal?

I am new to whmcs so correct me if i am wrong please.

Also did you customize those options or is it possible to manage other service to your clients via admin panel?

Regards

iWire

Best thing about WHMCS is that you can sell anything through it, we dont do anything special, just offer the quote online and everything else is done through a CRM.

1.Customer comes to site fills in the form

2.Gets put through all the details as an order

3.Off this we get their details registered we then create the quote in our CRM

4.Once its all signed off al the invoices are made for the client manually in WHMCS

Hope this helps

Firstpro :)

Hey Bud,

Great thanks for the info , i just started to customize my client portal today and began adding our products and services.

When i am finished i would like to get some opinions on usability if you have the time, I add the URl when its done ..

Thanks for your help .

Regards

iWire

I have installed the new version of community builder for joomla 1.5 - cb 1.2 is the build.

the devkit for it is also available now so we can get whmcs managing the usernames and passwords in joomla.

I originally started this post after finding out about a joomla extenstion call jfusion http://www.jfusion.org but.....

Using Jfusion to integrate a thirdparty sql db as user tables in joomla won't work. Whmcs uses the php decrypt function to protect passwords in the table and jfusion doesn't support that function.... only MD5 I think

Is anyone still interested in integrating the whmcs user tables with the joomla 1.5 or community builder users?

I can help financially to get the job done.

• 1 month later...