Welcome Letter Not Sending When Accepting Order

davet

If I have a pending order in which I tick "Create Account" and "Send Welcome Email" and then click "Accept Order", the account does get activated on the server but the Welcome Letter never gets sent. I have a custom welcome letter assigned to the product, so shouldn't it be sending this customer a welcome letter when I ACCEPT the order? No Welcome Letter gets sent or is received. If I look under the Client's Profile section "Emails" it does not show the Welcome Letter was sent. It does show the "Order Confirmation" and initial welcome notice (the one that gets sent when they register a new user for the billing interface, not the welcome letter for a hosting account) got sent.

If I go to Products/Services & under "Send Message" I select the welcome letter and click Send Message, it does get sent.

How do I get it to send a welcome letter when I have "Send Welcome Letter" ticked under the pending order?

anyone have any ideas as to whyt the welcome letter does not get sent when I ACCEPT an order?

Also after I accept and order, it still shows the STATUS as pending. This is for a free product. Shouldn't STATUS show as ACTIVE after i ACCEPT an order even if there is no payment?

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same problem. Duplicated a product to create a promotional product and then created a promotional email which I selected for that product but no email is sent. Did you or anyone else find out what the problem is and how to get around this?

Nabil

If I have a pending order in which I tick "Create Account" and "Send Welcome Email" and then click "Accept Order", the account does get activated on the server but the Welcome Letter never gets sent. I have a custom welcome letter assigned to the product, so shouldn't it be sending this customer a welcome letter when I ACCEPT the order? No Welcome Letter gets sent or is received. If I look under the Client's Profile section "Emails" it does not show the Welcome Letter was sent. It does show the "Order Confirmation" and initial welcome notice (the one that gets sent when they register a new user for the billing interface, not the welcome letter for a hosting account) got sent.

If I go to Products/Services & under "Send Message" I select the welcome letter and click Send Message, it does get sent.

How do I get it to send a welcome letter when I have "Send Welcome Letter" ticked under the pending order?