Warn the user that the account is being created after order

Hello,

I'm using the option to create the account as soon as the order is placed. But when i place an order it takes sometime ( 10 - 30 seconds ) to create on the server.

I would like to place a message saying "Your Account is being setup" until it is created.

Is it possible to do this?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Well, no offense, but 30 seconds isn't slow. By the time they get the email,it will be created already

Yeah -- but if you've got it set to create the account straight away as I (and the OP) do, the client's browser will appear to "stall" will the account is created. It would be good to have an ajax loader thingy that says "Please wait... your account is being created" and then says "Account created successfully" or something similar.

• 2 weeks later...

The order process is not halted just because the account is being created.

After the order is placed, and after the client has finished signing up and placing the order, the account is then created on the server. So basically the client receives an email after creating a whmcs account, then receives the order confirmation email, then receives an invoice notification email. Then if you have it set so that accounts are automatically created upon payment of the invoice, the customer will get an additional email for the hosting account (welcome email).

But maybe I misunderstood what you're talking about.

Some servers can take sometime to create an account. For example, those on a large DNS cluster with many servers. I've had to adjust the default timeout for this alone to keep WHMCS from producing an error and incorrectly marking the order even though it has been installed.

order install initiated - whmcs times out with an error - order continues to install on the server - whmcs says order is not installed - account is created on the server - whmcs does not send the welcome email

So yeah, better error logging and process display could be beneficial ;)

• 9 months later...

I believe this is what you're looking for...

With this mod, when a client clicks on the "Complete Order" button, a little notification appears below the button.

(Javascript must be enabled)

The notification displays:

Creating Account...

With a nice animated loading bar below it.

:)

create_account.zip

Edited by FrostByte

• 2 weeks later...