offering free hosting

WEB18

Hi

i want to offer free hosting to promote my hosting business,

1.) for free account creation customer should add a subdomain with their account..

for example myhosting.com is my website, if one creating a free account the subdomain should create automatically like john.myhosting.com

for free hosting account there is no domain registration available, how to setup this?

how can i do this with whmcs??

sorry for bad english

thanks

prabhu.r

We offer a free hosting account but it doesn't come with mailserver access to ward off the spammers.

My question though is once you get to the end of the order for a "free" product, it still asks for the type of payment "Credit Card -or- Paypal"

Is it possible to remove this if a product is free?

What makes you think offering free hosting is going to gain you any real business in the long run? Once you start charging, people will just not sign up.

Our free hosting account is just a 10mb account with no mailserver access. Eventually most of those customers will need additional features and more space which they can obtain by upgrading to a paid account. Offering the free account just attracts more attention to our site.

There's a big difference in the amount of attention a site gets from offering some for free rather than offering it for cheap.

You should really pickup the latest version of Wired magazine. There's a few page article in regards to the 'free' era which we've already reached on the net.

I know what you mean about the attention, and that's a good thing. But IMO you should at least find a way to make your banner appear on all their pages or something. I wouldn't just give out a completely free and bannerless/ad-less hosting account!

Sorry to sidetrack...

I know what you mean about the attention, and that's a good thing. But IMO you should at least find a way to make your banner appear on all their pages or something. I wouldn't just give out a completely free and bannerless/ad-less hosting account!

From a customer's perspective, non-ad free hosting is more attractive than ad supported hosting.

Why taint the customer's site with our ads when there's a good chance they're going to upgrade to a paid account... in the longer run. Any successful site would need to upgrade to a paid solution to obtain more storage, bandwidth and features. The non-successful free sites might not upgrade, but aren't causing any major resource usage on the server, so how does it hurt letting them keep their free account activated?

We've just started offering this free account and don't have any solid evidence that this concept is successful. We're basically just testing this offer out right now... it's worth a try.

But back to the topic at hand, does anyone know how to remove the payment options at the end of the ordering process for free products?