Mail piping

ScrltOTara

The cPanel x3 theme complicated the mail forwarding options. Piping to a script is now a separate option, and it'll reject |/path/to/script.php if you specify that as the 'address' to pipe to. It's also easy to miss the little home icon infront of the 'pipe to script' option indicating that it wants a path relative to your home directory - I always enter the full path before noticing it, again making it reject your input.

The cPanel x3 theme complicated the mail forwarding options. Piping to a script is now a separate option, and it'll reject |/path/to/script.php if you specify that as the 'address' to pipe to. It's also easy to miss the little home icon infront of the 'pipe to script' option indicating that it wants a path relative to your home directory - I always enter the full path before noticing it, again making it reject your input.

Can I ask you how do you set it up ?

I have mine like this

sales@scripteen.com to |/home/user/public_html/clients/pipe/pipe.php

But in WHMCS support departments config it says

| php -q /home/user/public_html/clients/pipe/pipe.php

I can't get the | php -q to be put before the home because cpanel 11 did put the home prefix itself.

I can't get piping to work this way !

Doesn't matter too much about the 'php -q' bit - if the pipe file has a shebang at the top of it (which it does by default) and you make sure it's executable then |/path/to/pipe.php should work.

I forgot to update the thread. I switched back cpanel theme to x2 and added the email forward and switched back to x3 and everything works fine thanks to Joe who helped me through a support ticket.

I am really confused by the piping.

Can someone explain to me the best way to do it? What are the advantages to the mail forward? Do I setup a mail forward like in the email section, or is that supposed to be a cron.

Right now I have it setup in the cron with the second option that it shows on the support ticket page. It does not work.

I am really new to this so step-by-step would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

• WHMCS Developer
I am really confused by the piping.

Can someone explain to me the best way to do it? What are the advantages to the mail forward? Do I setup a mail forward like in the email section, or is that supposed to be a cron.

Right now I have it setup in the cron with the second option that it shows on the support ticket page. It does not work.

I am really new to this so step-by-step would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hi Mike,

Are you using cPanel or DA? That is the only way to use piping.

the manual has some information on piping that should be helpful to you

• WHMCS Developer

Hi,

If using x2 theme, you put the command listed in your support department's config page the whole php -q | etc etc

If using x3, when you click "create a forwarder" there is a radio box for pipe to a program. All you need to put in here is the path from public_html/

EG

Old (x2): php -q | /home/account/public_html/whmcs/pipe/pipe.php

New (x3) public_html/whmcs/pipe/pipe.php