Online Support with WHMCS (maybe a good solution)

lahost

How to use online help using crafty syntax with whmcs (just an idea in development).

Hello.

First of all I want to tell you that I´m not a programmer, so if you are one, please consider to help in this solution.

I use crafty syntax in my site but I don´t want to use the offline support of it because I consider the whmcs offline support better because of its integration in the whmcs admin.

The solution thought:

To edit the livehelp_js.php inside crafty main dir. This file changes the offline/online images and make the correct redirection to online or offline support.

I started to alter it to work like this: if the support is offline, the redirection must take the customer to the WHMCS support link. If the support is online, the customer will remain be redirected to crafty online support. It´s not yet correctly working because I think I always delete some js parameter that can´t be deleted, but It is working with some fails. If anyone can help, please, post here the edited file and commented part altered.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

I have installed linux on my local comp and I can't found any open source live chat messenger with a local desktop application, like LiveZilla or Mibew Messenger on the Windows system.

Maybe someone here know some free or paid solution?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I have installed linux on my local comp and I can't found any open source live chat messenger with a local desktop application, like LiveZilla or Mibew Messenger on the Windows system.

Maybe someone here know some free or paid solution?

Try Zopim, you can use the web interface in all OS and the good you can use a IM app to talk to your costumers. ;)

Pidgin and Emphaty works with various IM networks, I advice to use gtalk with Zopim.

Regards,

bstorm

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm using LiveZilla and wouldn't use anything else, it works great for all my customers and my operators. Like the above poster said i even have operators using it under linux with wine.

The great thing about LiveZilla is....it's FREE!

The next great thing about LiveZilla is the language files...ANYTHING you want to change, wording wise can be accomplished by editing the language files. So if you're using english but instead of the opening wording saying "please wait for an operator" you want it to say "please wait while a host tornado rep is contacted" all you have to do is login to admin backend and edit the language file!

I was absolutely ecstatic when i figured this out!

I'm going to do some testing but we might be able to inject some type of html redirect but i'm not too sure if it will work or not, maybe we can work with LiveZilla to see if we can get a paid solution

• 1 month later...

I have grown very fond of Olark. I find it better than Zopim, actually... it plays nice with secure pages and offers more features.

Granted, it is not quite as versatile as LiveZilla, but I love the fact you can provide support on just about any device. It seemlessly ties in with any chat program instead of having to install a client.

Once LiveZilla offers Gtalk/Pidgin etc, I might switch back... but it doesn't look like that will be very soon yet :)

• 3 weeks later...