Free subdomain?

Serenade

I have a free hosting plan on my site with "Automatically create the account as soon as an order is placed" checked, and I have the option of having a subdomain under my site (ex: site.hostingsite.com).

There's a lot of problems here.

First of all, this is the email I get when I tried to sign up for the free plan:

Dear Micheal Chambers (none),

We have received your order and will be processing it shortly. The details of the order are below:

Order Number: 6246722813

Product/Service: Free Plan

Domain: mike.evadehost.com

First Payment Amount: $0

Recurring Amount: $0

Billing Cycle:

Total Due Today: $0.00 USD

You will receive an email from us shortly once your account has been setup. Please quote your order reference number if you wish to contact us about this order.

Best Regards,

Evade Hosting

It says "You will receive an email from us shortly once your account has been setup" when I checked to automatically setup account, Why?

Another problem, is the fact of; how is my subdomain going to registered? Do I have to set something up in whmcs?

Thanks in advance, and any help is greatly appreciated.

Did you assign a c-panel package to it from whm?

I also have a subdomain setup. I can not make it automated as it is h-sphere however i did try setting one up before in c-panel and it worked fine sent the welcome email that I stipulated and set up the subdomain in my chosen package. It did not do this however until I chose the c-panel module and set up which package I wanted those accounts to be set up under. I would assume whichever panel you are using it would have to still have the package associated with it to be automated.

• WHMCS CEO
It says "You will receive an email from us shortly once your account has been setup" when I checked to automatically setup account, Why?

Because that's the order confirmation, the welcome email for the account comes next once and if the account is automatically provisioned successfully.

Another problem, is the fact of; how is my subdomain going to registered? Do I have to set something up in whmcs?

Subdomains don't need "registering" like regular domains. Setting up the account is all that is needed.

Matt

Because that's the order confirmation, the welcome email for the account comes next once and if the account is automatically provisioned successfully.

Well my test email still hasn't received a welcome email. How long does it take? It's been almost a full 2 days!

Subdomains don't need "registering" like regular domains. Setting up the account is all that is needed.

When I try to access the subdomain I entered, it gives me a "server not found" which evidently means it didn't get set up.

• WHMCS CEO

The welcome email will be sent as soon as the account is setup. No delay. Check the WHMCS email log to see if it was ever sent to that client. If not, that means an error occured during the account creation.

If the account exists in WHM and you get the error when visiting the subdomain, then you have a configuration error on your server and will need to have your tech/admin take a look.

Matt

- This is something that can be easily changed. I completely understand and agree with your logic. If you automatically setup accounts, a client should not be told "once your account has been setup"

I would modify your e-mail template, and change:

You will receive an email from us shortly once your account has been setup. Please quote your order reference number if you wish to contact us about this order.

To:

We have received your order and will have your account setup momentarily. Please reference your your order when contacting us about this order.

This wording will work for accounts that are setup automatically, as well as setup manually.

Two emails were sent:

First email:

Subject: Welcome

Thank you for signing up with us. Your new account has been setup and you can now login to our client area using the details below.

Email Address: micheal.chambers@yahoo.com

Password: drumer901

To login, visit http://www.evadehost.com/client

Best Regards,

Evade Hosting

Second email:

Subject: Order Confirmation

We have received your order and will be processing it shortly. The details of the order are below:

Order Number: 6246722813

Product/Service: Free Plan

Domain: mike.evadehost.com

First Payment Amount: $0

Recurring Amount: $0

Billing Cycle:

Total Due Today: $0.00 USD

Best Regards,

Evade Hosting

Try the subdomain, it doesn't work. I don't know what's up...

-Thanks

The first email is the client area email for WHMCS not the hosting plan.

It looks like the subdomain account hasn't yet been set up so you need to check in the setup for the hosting package that you have the server details set up correctly. If its a cpanel server the details in WHMCS must exactly match the details of the package on the server itself.

The details (as far as I know) match. Although, I didn't set anything up for a subdomain in WHM. Was I supposed to?

- WHMCS was supposed to, but chances are you have not set that up correctly.

Is the account in WHM or not?

If not, go to the product for the client. Is the order still pending?

The details (as far as I know) match. Although, I didn't set anything up for a subdomain in WHM. Was I supposed to?

As long as you have the hosting package you are putting them on, in both WHMCS and cpanel you should be ok and WHMCS will set it up automatically. As it doens't look like it has, firstly I would check that they are both named the same etc.

You need to go the the WHMCS admin panel and under Configuration -> Products and Services click on the package you want to check and then the Module Settings tab and make sure the details of the server etc are all in there matching the package you have setup on your server. I'm assuming the server settings are correct under Configuration -> Servers.