complete WHMCS KB for cpanel/whm

5wayshost

Hi

If we cooperate as a community and come up with a generic KDB I will help. Then we just have to add our specific Control panel Q&As our selves.

I am in for this. Maybe we need to draw up some type of list of who will be covering what topics so theres no duplications take it from there.

Any ideas ?

To no one in particular:

It never fails to surprise me the lengths some folks will go to not have to expend the effort required to do this properly. Easy enough to break the required task down into groups of topics, and then things to cover based on actual support tickets, and do one or two articles per day. Before you know it you'll have a KB others will envy. If you're that keen to share it after, you could do so. In fact, you could make it generic and then sell copies, making the lazy ones pay if you wanted (though it would dilute your results, see below).

Being the owner of a company typically means long hours of hard work to make your brand and offerings better and unique from others, not a copy of them. As an example, I currently have quite a few KB articles that are #1 in Google for thier respective terms (no, I won't say which or where). I wrote one recently about a domain scamming company, within a week it was in the top 5, and I attribute this to unique content, with an eye towards SEO. I get conversions from people that search for things they don't understand, and find the answer through me. You could too, if you expend the effort, make your own, and work at it.

Just a suggestion, and no offense meant, so take it at face value. 8)

@bear

I Resemble that remark! ;)

Since the author of the page I provided specificly stated:

"We have opened it to the public" I felt OK about scrapping some of his KB articles. Only those however, that could as easily have been taken from:

http://www.cpanel.net/docs/cpanel/

But your point is well made about "unique content, with an eye towards SEO." That in itself takes a great deal of time and energy; and for a one man band (me) that also has to outsource support 'cause of time constraints imposed by clients that he's developing sites for...well, duplicating content on how to create db's in cpanel or access webmail, honestly, I don't lose any sleep over it.

• 5 weeks later...
To no one in particular:

It never fails to surprise me the lengths some folks will go to not have to expend the effort required to do this properly. Easy enough to break the required task down into groups of topics, and then things to cover based on actual support tickets, and do one or two articles per day. Before you know it you'll have a KB others will envy. If you're that keen to share it after, you could do so. In fact, you could make it generic and then sell copies, making the lazy ones pay if you wanted (though it would dilute your results, see below).

Being the owner of a company typically means long hours of hard work to make your brand and offerings better and unique from others, not a copy of them. As an example, I currently have quite a few KB articles that are #1 in Google for thier respective terms (no, I won't say which or where). I wrote one recently about a domain scamming company, within a week it was in the top 5, and I attribute this to unique content, with an eye towards SEO. I get conversions from people that search for things they don't understand, and find the answer through me. You could too, if you expend the effort, make your own, and work at it.

Just a suggestion, and no offense meant, so take it at face value. 8)

I see your point, but then again sometimes you just need to get some basics up and tweak them as you go. I would have no problems using a basic set of topics and then tweak them along the way.

Greetings

I have sent this to a large number of folks who asked for it.

Sadly not one has sent me back the parsed version to go into WHMCS.

Does anyone want to take on that task?

If So PM me or hit me off-list.

I think this is needed - and something that will help this community a great deal.

While we did all the work to get these into kayako - i really see how they could help WHMCS

Anyone?

Greetings

I have sent this to a large number of folks who asked for it.

Sadly not one has sent me back the parsed version to go into WHMCS.

Does anyone want to take on that task?

If So PM me or hit me off-list.

I think this is needed - and something that will help this community a great deal.

While we did all the work to get these into kayako - i really see how they could help WHMCS

Anyone?

I'll (slowly) get them parsed into the correct format if you will send them to me. Please email them to joe + domainworldaccess . com.

Those of you interested in a complete KB - have you failed to consider what duplicate content can do to your search engine rankings?

Exactamundo, and as already said it is far better to create your own, a few at a time. We generally have a rule, when a ticket comes in that we think should be or would make a good KB article, once completed we flag it (we use kayako) then we just work our way through the flags one at a time.....

Its the best way :)

HOWEVER....... I would be greatly interested in a boost to our existing KB, if the offer of one is still there :D After all, all though we flag them, having time to get them entered is practically nill atm lol

• 2 weeks later...