License Key Manager Addon - Part 1

RPS

Yes you are, that's what this was made for. The paid WHMCS script is more for when you need to generate a license, and make sure someone is actually using it correctly, with the domain its' attached to, etc..

Mine just lets you input license codes for products, and when someone orders a product, it keeps track of it and sends the license code along with a download for the product.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you are, that's what this was made for. The paid WHMCS script is more for when you need to generate a license, and make sure someone is actually using it correctly, with the domain its' attached to, etc..

Mine just lets you input license codes for products, and when someone orders a product, it keeps track of it and sends the license code along with a download for the product.

Woohooooooo :D :D

So how long until you release? I want to roll out for a client but this is what is keeping me back.

Ok, I have been known for the occasional 'blonde' moments but I am stumped. Where do I put the file that I downloaded?

"Step 1) Extract the attached file to the root of your WHMCS directory. So if your WHMCS directory is http://www.domain.com/whmcs/ then you will extract the files to that whmcs directory."

There is one file. I have put it in the root and in the same directory as the zip to test (admin\license_keys).

It does not show up in my Add-On Modules. Confused. If I'm getting stuck with step 1, I shudder to think of the rest, LOL. ;-)

Ok, I have been known for the occasional 'blonde' moments but I am stumped. Where do I put the file that I downloaded?

"Step 1) Extract the attached file to the root of your WHMCS directory. So if your WHMCS directory is http://www.domain.com/whmcs/ then you will extract the files to that whmcs directory."

There is one file. I have put it in the root and in the same directory as the zip to test (admin\license_keys).

It does not show up in my Add-On Modules. Confused. If I'm getting stuck with step 1, I shudder to think of the rest, LOL. ;-)

Ok, In really stuck. Can somebody help at all please? Perhaps the download was incorrect? How many files should be in there?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Guys,

I just made a module, nearly identical to this for a customer... He's allowed me to release it to the WHMCS community... It does all of the above, automatically. You just sit back and count your sold license keys... :)

Forum link: http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=34523

I don't mean to steal business here, but your module is free, so I figured you wouldn't mind... Apologies in advance if you do mind... I wouldn't post this on a commercial module.

Best Regards,

Josh