Strange error - database entry created, not showing in WHMCS

MikeDVB

I had this issue today - a client signed up to register a domain and hosting with me, got thru the entire process and messed up on the creating an account part. When they tried to go back thru it, it told them that the domain was already registered with me and wouldn't let them proceed. The domain shows up in the database thru phpMyAdmin but does *not* show up in WHMCS anywhere. I have a copy of an e-mail the system sent out:

A new order has been placed.

Date/Time: 11/02/2008 17:08:34
Order ID: 34
Client ID: 

Product/Service: Personal Plan
Domain: **********.com
First Payment Amount: $2.63
Recurring Amount: $2.63
Billing Cycle: Monthly

And you will see it does not have a client ID, it was sent to my records mailbox (meaning sent to the client as well) but is not in the WHMCS email log either.

This is tremendously strange and if an admin wants to check it out you're more than welcome. PM me

Mike

I had exactly the same issue. Matt said this has been fixed in 3.6.

You will only find the order details (invoice,hosting,domain) in the database they will not be linked to a client.

You’ll need to manually link them to your client, once he/she place their new order and tell them not to enter any apostrophe ( ‘ ,” ) when placing their order and once you have linked the old order ,cancel that order.

Thanks.

Does the client appear in the table?

Did they put any ' or " in their details?

Is magic quotes on your server?

Their company name has a ' in it. I just upgraded to 3.60 tonight does this resolve the ' and " issue?

magic_quotes_gpc is on

magic_quotes_runtime is off

magic_quotes_sybase is off

I can turn it off if necessary.

Mike